Chapter 489: My Wife and Her Friends

The banquet was very rich. The villagers finally had a chance to try the dishes from a famous hotel in the county town. They didn't think they'd have the chance in their lives.

For them, the hotel in the county town felt a little scary when they walked into it. That place was too luxurious. They felt so uncomfortable even when walking past it. Plus, the expenditure there was high. It cost 10 to 20 to eat a vegetable. It was almost as much as their daily wages. How could they afford it?

But today was different.

It was said that Xiao Zhengyang's family had invited the biggest hotel in the county to deliver food to the banquet.

The dishes in that hotel were the best in the county. They were extremely popular.

"Is this braised pork balls?"

"Yes, it is."

"What... What kind of fish is this? Why does it have a salty taste? It's a little fishy, but it's very delicious."

"This is a hairtail. I heard that it's from the

sea."

"I heard from Zhengyang that the restaurant has provided eight dishes, and six of them are seafood. This hairtail is one of them."

"I've heard people on TV say how delicious seafood is. I can finally taste some today."

"Yea. Today is a great day."

Soon, the dishes were served.

Braised prawns, oyster with garlic, braised fish, fried small yellow croaker, steamed silver cod with mushrooms, and steamed clams with wine. These were all seafood.

Then came the meat dishes like beer duck, braised pork with plum vegetables, braised pork balls, braised chicken with shiitake mushrooms, braised beef brisket with radish, and a big bone soup.

The braised pork balls and beef brisket were from the hotel. The remaining were made by Mother Xiao.

The Xiao family's banquet was really sumptuous. Whether it was the villagers or the guests from outside, they all ate happily with their mouths full of oil.

The villagers were very surprised by the seafood and ate happily.

As some people might be allergic to seafood, the Xiao family had warned the villagers to stop eating seafood immediately if they felt unwell after eating it. In severe cases, they would have to be sent to the hospital for treatment.

The guests from outside the village were full of praise for the dishes made by Mother Xiao. The dishes made by Uncle Chen were already very delicious. They didn't expect there would be a countrywoman who could cook as well as him.

"Mother Xiao's cooking is very delicious!" Grandma Song wiped her mouth.

The dishes that Mother Xiao made looked ordinary, but the taste was really good.

They felt a sense of home and love from the dishes. Perhaps it was because of this reason that the dishes were different from the others.

Gu Ziye and the others had eaten the dishes cooked by Mother Xiao before. The taste was unforgettable to them.

They also enjoyed themselves at the banquet.

"Why do I feel that Auntie's cooking skills are getting better and better?" Zheng Haiyang said.

"Yeah, yeah, I think so too." Qian Yifan nodded in agreement.

"But why do I feel like crying when I eat this beer duck?" Yuan Xuanhao said as he wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes.