20. CHOCOLATE

Adhira's POV

Being with him is something I'm used to and not used to all at once. Distance does that to you. I used to stay with him all the time, like I refused to come home when I was with him, that's how much I liked his company,we could be sitting in silence doing nothing and still I won't want to be anywhere else.

And now, I'm trying to avoid him, is it fair? It's not na?
He used to listen to all my nonsense, all my insecurities or even my stupid dreams that changed everyday, I don't know how it became more than friendship for me but I do know that ever since I learned what attraction is, he's been the North to my South Pole.

I started to smile just by looking at him, I started to stare at him and while he noticed he never said anything, I started to crave his touch and named it as accident. He knew it but never called out my bluff. I was scared to be more as much as I wanted us to be more.

A thought always came to me whenever I tried to confess, What if I ruin it?
I was planning to confess it after we completed our school but then the accident happened.

I was disappointed when no calls came from him and when I couldn't reach him, I regretted that I didn't confess sooner but there was nothing I could do.
At the end of the day I just hoped my little crush would've faded rather than grown into something more in these years but like most of the things in my life it wasn't in my control either. But then I guess it's my fate, who am I to question it?

He sat on the sofa in the living room and I went to the kitchen. I'm not clean enough to cook anything and neither in the mood to, so he'll have to do with just water. I washed my hands before handing him a glass of water.
He took the glass without any complaint, if maa was here she would've scolded me for giving him a steel one rather than glass.

So what? I won't spare him this courtesy, I'm the one who has to wash it after all, what if I break it? Isn't it me who'll have to bear maa's scolding then? So no risk.

" You should wash up? " He said and I retorted, " Why? Do I look ugly to you? "

He looked at me, his gaze travelling from my toes to my hair in a gentle yet hot caress. Goosebumps erupted on my skin and I was thankful for the clothes covering my body that managed to hide them. I regret my words, I really do and Just as I was about to retract my words he opened his mouth.

" No, you just don't like being dirty. " Urghh, I hate how well he knows me. I can't even retort and even though I was planning to wash up, I only said it to irritate him but I guess it backfired.

I have this particular obsession not like OCD or something but I get too irritated if I'm dirty. I wash my hands more than I drink water in a day, heck I'll wash them just after waking up.

I kept the glass in the kitchen before asking if he needed anything else, he shook his head in a no and I went to my room.
I bathed and changed into a peach coloured suit, the kurti reached my calves while the bottom flared.

I decided to forgo the dupatta as I'll be in the house only, it's not like I'm going anywhere.

He was still sitting in the living room when I got out, " How are your flowers? " He asked just as I sat beside him and a smile formed on my face at his words, I liked my plants, they were pretty and calm and most importantly mine.

" They're flourishing, someone took care of them behind us. None of them died. " I replied excitedly and in no time I had forgotten all about my embarrassment or my thoughts of avoiding him.

I was blabbering non stop and he was listening, somewhere between our chats he turned a bit and sat sideways on the sofa, kept his arm on the armrest before looking straight at me, it wasn't like that night, it didn't make me flustered, but it energised me, his interest in my talks always did that. I could be reciting Cindrella to him and he'd listen like he's hearing something fascinating for the first time.