28. TAINTED

Shivansh's POV

My happiness knows no bounds, I could fly with the amount of glee I'm feeling. In the evening when she left I didn't go to drop her off. I need to make the arrangements. So I hurriedly inquired about my parents whereabouts and when I learned they were about to reach home I called our guru ji while I sent someone to fetch him from the temple. At the same time I called Swaroop uncle to invite him and Seema aunty to the palace.

I don't believe in horoscopes and all, even without them I know I'm hers. But we still need to get an auspicious date. Her horoscope used to be with dadi before she passed away, I wasn't too sure if it was still there but even if it wasn't the guru ji could draw the chart once he's here. I know everything he might need to draw one.

In an hour everyone who should be home was home. Mom and dad were confused at the sight of guru ji but they didn't ask anything. I had already searched through the house but her horoscope wasn't here but for once my idiotic siblings did something good.

Radhu had managed to convince Seema aunty a week ago that she wanted to learn astrology. And somehow even convinced her to give Ira and Eesh bhai's horoscopes to her to study with. I don't know how she could trust this little troublemaker with that.

When I told uncle and aunty about my intention there had only been a bit of surprise on their face and a bit of questioning later they revealed that they had already known of Ira's plan to propose. Otherwise there would've been no way that not even a single elder would be present at the palace.

Even mom and dad knew about the plan, it seemed like I was the only one who hadn't caught a whiff of it. Whatever it's done now, all that waits is a date and then she's mine.

“ Chhattis mein se battis gun milte hain dono ke. Ab se ek mahine bad ka hai ek shubh muhurat, uske bad agli shubh ghadi aath mahine bad ki hai. ”
I don't care about how many of our qualities matched, we would always be compatible no matter what happens. The reason I had called guruji was to set a date.

Thirty two out of thirty six qualities match. There's an auspicious date a month later, after that the next one is after eight months. ’

“ A month. Won't it be too rushed? ” I heard Seema aunty speak and I could feel my heart rising to my heart. The next date would be after eight months. I'd go crazy by the time this so called muhurat arrived.

“ Aunty uncle, I've waited too long. Please don't make me wait anymore. ” I said as they both looked at me in shock. I was a prince, I was supposed to order not request. But how can I order a parent to give away her daughter, all I can do is request. Whatever they say goes, at the end of the day I can't force them, if they wish to hold the wedding later then there's nothing I can do about it.

“ Are kunwar sa, it's not that we don't want to agree but it's really too rushed. Weddings require so many preparations and we—”
“ All would be done. I promise. Just agree. Please. ” This time my own parents were looking at me as if I had grown two heads. I don't think they ever saw me humble myself ever before.

“ But, it's not even been a year since bade rana sa.. ” Uncle's sentence trailed off as silence engulfed the hall. He was right, it's only been five months since dadu passed away. I was stumped, it might indeed be too soon.

“ That's not an issue, Swaroop. Baba would want nothing more than these two getting married. If you have no problem then let's proceed with the wedding. The sooner we start preparing the better it is. ” Dad said and I looked at him, no visible emotion on my face but I knew he understood what I wanted to say.

“ Then we should leave. We have to work out the arrangements. ” Swaroop uncle got up with a smile on his face and aunty too had one on her face.

As they departed I could feel the palace lighting up, the shadow that had fallen on it five months ago was slowly being uplifted.
The date is set then, 8 June, just thirty days until we're finally together.