chapter-15

☆Anshuman☆

I came out of the meeting room, and my secretary approached me, handing over my cell phone, saying,"Sir, your sister has been trying to reach you since morning."

I had an important meeting today, and we must secure this tender at any cost, which is why I was occupied with my team since morning.

As I walked to my cabin, I called my sister.

"Hello, fighter jet," I greeted.

"Heyy, brownie," came the reply.

"Where were you busy? You know I've been trying to contact you since morning." she said.

"Yeah, I got it. I was busy. Tell me, what happened?" I asked.

"My wedding date is confirmed, so come back as quickly as possible," she informed me. My parents have been discussing her wedding for a year, and it seems they've found a match.

I just hope he is a good guy and keeps my sister happy, or I wouldn't approve of the wedding.

"When is it?" I asked as I need to wrap up my work here before the wedding date.

"Next month." She said.

"That's cool...." she cut off my statement.

"But you've to come back soon, you have to do a lot things, you know that right."A small smile appeared on my lips.

"Ya, got it, will try my best to reach there sooner."

"Bhai..don't you miss us?" She said winning.

"What are you saying, ofcourse I do." I said before she can infer my silence into something else.

"Then please come soon, it's been a while you visited us." She complained and I smiled a bit.

"Hey listen, I need to go, I have an important conference to attend, I'll call you in evening." I quickly said changing the topic.

"Ok, bye , take care bhai." She hang up.

After finishing my work in the conference room, I headed to my house that I bought two years ago. I live there alone.

It's been nine years since I moved to the USA for my studies and graduated with a degree.

After completing the degree, I joined one of the top companies in the USA. I worked hard and made my way to become the MD of the company.

I visit my family once every six months, and I think this is what made my sister think that I don't miss them but that's not the case.

The thing is, everytime I visit my home, I remember the moments, I've spent with Evara, which I don't want.

She doesn't reciprocate my feeling and I can't force her, so It's better to let her go. Though I physically did let her go but mentally I am still not over her.

She was my first love and I hoped to make her my last but things didn't turned out to be like that.

I remembered our last conversation, when I was so excited to tell her about my admission to a foreign university.