Chapter 16

ARIA

"I can't believe this", Lewis shouts from his office. I can't help but become a bit worried. He never shouts. Even when he loses his shit, he doesn't shout.

Like the damn stalker I am, I go closer to the glass walls and place my ear on them to hear better.

"What's wrong, Mr. Cunnan?", Ledger asks. One look got me seeing Charlotte and Ledger are both here.

Something must have happened.

"What did I ask you to do?", Lewis shouts again, standing up. "I asked you to advertise. Promote APOLLO. Get us new followers."

"That's what we did, Mr. Cunnan", Charlotte cuts in.

"A bunch of shitheads playing racers", Lewis reads. "I fucking loved APOLLO before this. Never knew F1 could be such a disappointment." He closes his phone, as he startes at the two again. "We lost over 10k followers overnight, just because of your blog. I have no idea what the fuck you did, but it's bad."

"We didn't do anything wrong", Charlotte says, her voice sounding a bit tight.

"Yeah, we just filmed APOLLO. As you said", Ledger backs her up.

"Whatever you did was a fucking mistake. Your schedule has been clear for the next month. You're going to stay here and make sure you repair what you did." I can see him take a deep breath, trying to calm down. "Get out", he yells. Apparently, the deep breath didn't quite work well.

The two share a look, not knowing what to do. One look at Lewis has them going out of the office. As soon as they're out, I go to the door to open him, to maybe help him calm down. As he sees me, he frowns and yells again: "What the heck do you want?!"

Message received.

I go back to my desk, starting to type some new emails.

Yet my brain can't just let it go.

Over 10k followers overnight.

And that's just the beginning.

Without thinking much about it, I look up where the next location of the Prix is.

And then I buy one plane ticket to Brazil.