24. Broken Bond

Niya just stood there looking at her best friend walking away. How much she wished him to turn for once and come back. FOR ONCE and then she wouldn't let him go.

She was crying uncontrollably but she didn't want to trouble Shubman or any other boys so she somehow calmed herself down. Her eyes were still red and puffed up. Her body was still shaking when she reached her room. Shubman and Ishan were sitting there.

Ishan : Hello Bhabhi

Shubman : Hi Nii

Niya : Hey, so patch up?

Both of them squeled YES

But that didn't help Niya's broken voice to go unnoticed to them.

Ishan : Bhabhi...what happened? Why do you sound so low?

Shubman : Yes Ni? Are you fine?

Niya : Nahi..I am just tired... I think I should sleep now.

Shubman : Umhm.. Good Night Niya. I am there for you at anytime if you wanna say anything.

Ishan : Yes Bhabhi. Please don't keep all of it to yourself.

Niya : I know boys. Thank you. Good night

"Good Night Nii/Bhabhi"

They both left their room and made an eye contact that said "She is not fine"

Niya curled into a ball and was crying her eyes out for the rest of the night until the time Rohit came to check on her. It was now part of routine for him to check on Niya.

He opened the door and could hear her crying. He rushed towards her.

Rohit : Niya! What happened? Why are you crying?

Niya looked up her red eyes met a pair of concerning ones of Rohit. She didn't say anything but just pulled Rohit into a hug. Rohit reciprocated it and started caressing her back. He didn't ask her anything, he knew she wasn't in the right space to answer.
He just kept patting her until she slept in his arms.

He laid her down properly and covered her in duvet. He sat by her side the whole night.

On the other hand Rahul was devoid of any emotions but pure hurt. He was dejected. He didn't know what to do, he was somewhere lost in himself. His thoughts were wondering around the incident and he couldn't sleep that night.

Next morning Shubman came into Niya's room to wake her up but saw Rohit sitting beside her.

Shubman : What happened? Is she fine?

Rohit : I don't think so. I came last night and she was crying.

Shubman : I knew it. You didn't ask her anything?

Rohit : She is not in the right space to answer our questions Shubh. Let her take some time.

Let her take time. This is what happened last time. He thought the same and he nearly lost her. NO NOT THIS TIME.

Shubman : Bhai...I have to.

Rohit : I understand it Shubh. Just don't over exert her.

Shubman : Yes bhai. Thank you so much bhai but you need rest. Please. I will take care of her.

Rohit nodded and left from there. Shubman just sat beside Niya on the bed and caressed her face. There were marks on her face from crying. Her eyes were swollen with eye bags under them. Eye brows wrinkled into a furrow. She was hurt. Shubman tried to wake her up and she got up with a jolt.

Shubman : Shh...It's me Nii. Calm down.

Niya : Oh. Good morning Shubman.

She took his full name instead of Shubhi. That caught enough for him to ask her.