𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Winter of 2001

Winter of 2001

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Within a dense, snow-covered forest located in Denali, a small populated borough in the cold state of Alaska, a bright, joyful girl sat inside her temporary home — a large, two-story log cabin.

She, along with her adoptive family, resided there and would likely only be able to live there for possibly two to three more years before they would have to relocate again. The reason for this owed to what they were — vampires.

However, their coven, known as the Olympic coven, did not live the same lifestyle as most beings of their kind did. Their family only fed on the blood of animals, not humans, thus making them much different than other immortals.

Regardless, no matter their lifestyle and where they chose to live temporarily, they would only be able to stay in one place for roughly six to seven years before they have to pick up everything and move to another area with a similar climate — cloudy and gloomy. This being due to other citizens noticing their lack of aging.

All in all, the Olympic coven, also known as The Cullens, did their best to maintain the secrecy of their kind wherever they went and live amongst humans as comfortably as possible while being viewed as "strange, yet ordinary humans" and nothing else.

This day in particular, one of the Cullens had been sitting in her bedroom, next to the wide glass window, staring out into the outdoor environment buried in a blanket of snow.

Her name was Alice Cullen, and she was rather the most eccentric out of the rest of her coven members. She was always overly optimistic, spirited, and always desired to see the best out of every situation that came across her path; good or bad.

Additionally, she also happened to be one of the few gifted vampires in her family — something that is rather rare amongst vampires. Alice had the special ability to see into the future of other humans and vampires through visions she received, and see what might be to come based on any decision made.

Although her ability was limited, considering any vision she saw was only subjective and decision-based — meaning her visions could change at any time — it was still a useful ability that always helped her in some way and was very powerful in itself.

She was not the only gifted member of her family. Edward Cullen, her adoptive "brother" had the special ability known as telepathy — the ability to read the minds of anyone around him. In addition, Jasper Hale, her other adoptive "brother" had the ability to sense and manipulate the emotions of those around him.

Besides the three of them, nobody else in their family was gifted, though they knew there were other gifted vampires out there, making them question why only certain vampires were gifted, and most others weren't. Their main leader in the coven, Carlisle Cullen, had the theory that every gifted immortal brought something of their strongest human traits with them after their transformation into a vampire, which was then magnified into a special ability.

All vampires — gifted or not — had a specific trait from their life as a human that was more prominent than others, which would become intensified as a vampire.

Carlisle, for example, was the most compassionate out of the other Cullens, due to him being very compassionate as a human. His wife, Esme Cullen, loved others passionately more than others. Emmett Cullen had incredible strength. Rosalie Hale, who was Emmett's mate, had remarkable beauty unlike any other vampire. Noelle Cullen, who was Jasper's mate, had impressive intelligence.

When it came to actual unique abilities that no two vampires could have, Carlisle assumed Alice must've had a form of precognition in her human life, prompting that to be enhanced as a vampire into seeing visions of the future. 

Edward was assumed to have been vastly sensitive to the thoughts of those around him, or able to read people in a way, thus being enhanced into being able to read every thought and mind around him. Jasper remembered being very charismatic in his human life and was able to influence others around him to see things his way, hence why he might've been able to feel and manipulate the emotions of others. Although this was only a theory, it did make the most sense to them.

Nevertheless, the Olympic coven was quite the close-knit family, who would do anything to protect each other from any threat that would come face to face with them and would be willing to die if it meant protecting any of their coven members.

As Alice was gazing out the window, lost in her own mind that could never seem to quiet down, she suddenly froze in place.

Her mouth opened slightly, as her gold doe eyes widened, able to see a vision that she never thought she'd ever see.

The vision showed a girl unknown to Alice — she was ivory-skinned, had long, stick-straight brunette hair, and dark hazel eyes that almost appeared brown. She looked incredibly beautiful to Alice, captivating her as the vision continued. 

The girl in her vision sat at a wooden, circular table in the center of what looked to be either a restaurant or a cafe of some sort, meeting Alice's gaze from where she was sitting.

The vision ended up quickly flashing to a different scene. Alice then saw herself standing in either what appeared to be a garden or possibly a meadow, along with the same girl, slow-dancing with her in the center as they held each other closely while their eyes never broke eye contact.

That's when the vision ended, pulling Alice out of the trance she was locked in, as she blinked rapidly while looking around her room.

Suddenly, her brother Edward appeared in the doorway of her bedroom, seemingly in the know of what she saw as he grinned at her.

"I saw her!" Alice beamed, leaping to her feet off the cushioned bench sat below the window.

"Yes, I heard," Edward replied with a wry grin. "Do you know when you'll ever meet her?"

"No, the vision didn't disclose any timeframe." She answered disappointingly. "She also appeared to possibly be human."

"A human?" His eyes widened with surprise. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm certain that she was, based on her appearance," she nodded with confidence.

"But..." he paused uncertainly. "If she's human, then how—"

"I'm not sure Edward," she admitted. "But I know that based on that vision, we will someday cross paths, find our way to each other, and be together for eternity."

"Alice," he continued. "If she's human..."

"I know," she interrupted. "She may only be human for right now, and when we meet, she will have already been turned — although I cannot see when that will happen, or how it will occur."

"Well," he began. "If you truly believe her to be your future mate, then I will choose to believe you that it is meant to be for the right reasons and that whenever she comes into your life, it will be at the right time, and right place."

Alice was certain that whoever this girl was, they would be together someday. Even if she was human, one day they would live the rest of their lives together as two immortals in love, and spend eternal life on earth by each other's sides.

And Alice was willing to wait as long as she needed to for this girl to enter her life, no matter how long it would take.

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───