𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I still felt exhausted when I awoke in the morning, almost as if I barely got any sleep at all.

I blamed Bella and I, going to bed later than expected from talking endlessly about that Quileute legend, and the continuous dreams I had all night that contained red eyes, blood-stained fangs, and feeling as if my neck was bleeding out as Alice stood above me with red liquid dripping from her mouth.

I tried to shake my thoughts off and got up out of bed to get ready for school. 

After brushing out my hair — which was thankfully still straight from using my flat iron the day before — I changed into a long sleeve, black and grey striped v-neck, along with some jeans, and slid on my favorite black sneakers before applying a little makeup to hopefully disguise my visible drowsiness.

Despite the forecast claiming it would only be overcast today with no rain showers, I brought my warm parka with me in case it magically changed at some point in the day — it was Forks I was in after all.

I grabbed my school bag from the floor of my bedroom and went down the staircase, turning left to go to the kitchen. Bella was already awake, dressed out of her pajamas in fresh clothes for the day, and sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.

We both gave each other an awkward nod to tell each other good morning, likely both thinking it would be too strange to discuss last night's debate again.

My appetite was low for once, and I ended up settling on a small granola bar instead of cereal to hopefully tide me over until lunch.

We quickly told Charlie goodbye when Bella's cereal bowl was practically empty before we chose to leave for school. We mostly drove in silence, as to be expected, and eventually made it to the school.

As soon as we both got out and began walking towards the school, Bella paused her movement as she looked ahead at something.

I shouldn't have been surprised that it was Edward she was looking at — the potential vampire in her mind.

Edward was staring intensely at her as well, as he stood further away from her across the lot — his features were unreadable.

"Bella, are you okay?" I asked, snapping her out of her daze.

"Um, yeah," she nodded hastily. "Listen, I'll, um... see you later."

Before I could say anything in response, Bella started walking away from me, towards the direction of where Edward was still standing and glaring at her.

"Where are you going?" I asked, feeling confused.

"I'm just going to talk to Edward." She said, turning her back around to face me from the side."

"You're not going to tell him about what you told me, are you?" I asked with concern.

"I'll be fine Scar," she assured. "I promise."