𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Monday had arrived, meaning it had been almost a week since I started at my new school in this gloomy town named Forks.

Surprisingly though, I had grown more comfortable here.

Almost every student was respectful to us, and no longer treated us as new kids while giving us curious gawks. I was now used to the routine of my classes and felt less tense going to each class.

However, only two things made me feel a small ounce of discomfort.

The first thing was that three of the boys that I've grown familiar with during my first week here, Eric, Mike, and Tyler, did still show us a significant amount of attention that was overly friendly to a level that felt unusual to me.

Tyler knew my thoughts of him, so he refrained from speaking to me and put most of his attention on my sister, resulting in me feeling uneasy about it, and the same snarky blonde girl from my Spanish class, Lauren, acting rudely towards her because of his apparent notice in her.

I could only assume it was because Bella seemed more interesting to him than her, even though nearly any other girl in the whole school would be more delightful to be around than her and the fake, scornful conduct she carried so clearly.

Eric always seemed attentive towards me anytime I was around him, though I could tell he enjoyed being around Bella more. The boy practically had hearts in his eyes for Bella, unbeknownst to her who never seemed to notice.

As for Mike — our golden retriever acquaintance — he seemed to be quite aware of both me and my sister. I only had two classes with him, gym and English, though he always insisted on walking me to each class we had together every day, even when I preferred to be alone. He did the same with Bella, who had three classes with him, which she never seemed thrilled by either.

I still tried to remain polite towards him, as he wasn't necessarily rude to me or did anything terribly wrong to me, yet his overly friendly — and occasionally flirtatious — attitude towards me always left me feeling uneasy.

The second uncomfortable thing was the abnormal influence the Cullens had on me, except for Alice.

During this past week, Alice and I were starting to grow closer and seemed more similar to friends rather than acquaintances like before.

Conversely, after getting to know Alice a little more, and spending more time talking to her during school hours, I didn't believe Jessica's odd assumption she made on my first day about her was correct in any way.

Although I could understand why Alice's cheerful, balletic, and captivating personality could be seen as strange to others, I didn't consider that very weird.

She was honestly very friendly, caring even, and her unique demeanor only made her who she was. I honestly didn't see it as fair for others to view her as peculiar because of that — nobody is deserving of that form of judgment, no matter how different they may seem.