𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

When my eyes opened, I noticed I was in a bright, white unknown room I didn't recognize. 

I was lying in a long, firm bed with my head propped up against two uneven pillows, with noisy beeping machines beside the bed. I then looked down at my arm, which had a hard, white cast over it that covered my hand and hit just below my elbow.

That's when I looked up and saw Alice, gazing over at me from the corner of the room, sitting on a blue faux leather couch. Her eyes widened as she saw me looking over at her.

"Alice!" I exclaimed through the hoarseness in my voice.

"Scarlett!" She smiled, rushing to my side to sit on the bed beside me.

"Where am I?" I asked. "What's happening?"

"You're in the hospital," she answered calmly, holding my cast-free hand. "You have a broken wrist, and a few bruises on your body."

My memory slowly came back to me, reminding me of the earlier disturbing events that took place when I went to find Bella at the dance studio.

"My neck!" I panicked, reaching my hand over my neck which was also bandaged. "Did the doctors notice my neck?"

"Don't worry, bites from a vampire heal extremely quickly," she reassured me. "They do leave a minor scar, though I don't think it'll be that noticeable where it is on your neck."

"Did I lose a lot of blood?" I asked, worried.

"Yes, Carlisle was able to give you a blood transfusion here before the other doctors saw you, so you don't need to worry about that." She informed me.

"How?" I was confused. "Did they know he was a doctor?"

"Yes, though he always has his ways — the other doctors didn't question his sudden appearance, and assumed he was transferred here for the time being for whatever reason." She responded.

"I suppose I can understand why they didn't." I scoffed lightly before my expression dropped in fear.

"Wait, where's James?"

"We took care of him," she answered. "I saw in a vision where you went, found your goodbye note, and was able to find you before James could do anything else."

"Alice, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am," I then apologized with guilt. "Bella was tricked into going there, and I didn't want her to go alone when I feared that she was in danger."

"You don't have to say sorry to me, Scarlett. I understand why you did — he had us all in the dark, including me." She replied understandingly.

"Bella!" I then realized. "Is my sister okay?"

"She's fine," she nodded. "Though she received many more injuries than you did. She has a broken leg, an open wound on her head, and her thigh had a deep cut in it that caused her to lose a lot of blood as well."