Chapter 21....

Lydia

Bryton found my naked painting.

I grinned as I read Sydni's message in our group chat. Earlier this week we took Sydni to another naked painting night with Evelyn. We took a page out of Evelyns book and didn't tell her what the night really was like, wanting to get her reaction. Let's just say we finally understood why we weren't told the first time either. Sydni's reaction was everything. Although the second time seeing a naked man wasn't any less jarring as the first.

As the others chimed in on the chat I went to finish getting ready. Mateo's game wasn't for another two hours but Landon was going to be here in twenty minutes to pick me up. When he asked me this morning if I wanted a ride I didn't even think before saying yes. A decision I was suddenly second guessing.

I don't know why but I was nervous. This wasn't a date but hell it almost felt like one. We were just going to Mateo's Championship game, it's not like Landon was picking me up to go out anywhere. Yet the butterflies in my stomach were saying otherwise.

I can't even remember the last time I had butterflies. Maybe Uni? Add in that the butterflies were because of Landon Boone...crazy. I almost felt like I was going crazy. Who the hell am I getting feelings for him. Not even four months ago the two of us couldn't talk without insulting one another.

Now here I am making sure I looked okay because I'm about to see him, even though I saw him just this morning when I felt to go to work. Things between us has shifted since the night of the Knights celebration party.

What started as a friends with benefits thing is starting to turn into something way more. I can't lie and say I'm not inwardly freaking about it.

Grabbing my curling wand I got to work on my hair. Now was not the time to start thinking about my feelings. Feelings I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole. Thankfully I had the rest of the day and night being distracted by Mateo's game to worry about myself. I'm a pro at shoving my feelings away so today shouldn't be that hard.

I was in the middle of sliding my shoes on when a knock sounded on my door. Knowing who was on the other side made my heart rate pick up. Lydia get your shit together. It's just Landon, no big deal.

With only one shoe on I quickly made my way towards the door. My little pep talk to act normal went right out the window the second I found Landon standing in my doorway, hands in the pockets of his blue jeans and a Toronto Uni t-shirt on.

His outfit was so simple but god he looked good. The sleeves of his shirt tight around his arms. Arms that were wrapped around me last night.

"My eyes are up here blondie." Landon's voice broke me out of my staring.

"Yeah but your best features are down here." I purposely kept my eyes on his chest.

"Then you won't be mad when I stare at your ass all day." He responded back. I met his eyes as he smirked down at me.

"You can stare but doesn't mean I'll let you touch afterwards." I smirked right on back. Needing to finish getting ready I turned on my heel. A hard smack landed on my ass before I even made it a step. I turned my head to glare at him over my shoulder but Landon just smirked, looking smug.

As I walked away I felt this eyes on me. Didn't blame him. My ass looked amazing in my jeans.

"Give me just another minute and I'm good to go." I called over my shoulder.

I quickly laced up my other shoe, not wanting Landon to wait too long. Plus I bet traffic was going to be insane to get to the stadium.

Grabbing my bag I did one last check to make sure I had everything before heading back to the living room. I found Landon sitting on the edge of the couch as he flipped through the magazine layouts I left out on the coffee table.