Forward/Map/Illustrations

This story has been developing in my head for three years. Even before that, many pieces of it were born from the themes and character development in my fanfiction. Zen, for example, is a bit of a redeemable Draco Malfoy, a redeemable Aaravos if you squinted just right, and my male alter ego all mixed until just combined. I very much admire the Kevyn-like people in my life (you know who you are ;))

I have a Ph.D. in Engineering, a great job, and a wonderful family, and all of the ups and downs of having those things come through in the story. I've also been having medical issues that are improving more and more. But they make even writing difficult. I love writing because it helps me process all of these struggles. Self-discovery and compassion are also examined in this book. The ways people fall short, sometimes humorously, and sometimes terribly, and the ways we can do better.

Finally, this is a diverse book, both in the character's ethnicities and in their queerness. I'm bisexual personally. Jump to Key Players for the character bios. Taking Zen for example again, he's this world's equivalent of half Southeast Asian and half Nordic ethnically but has always lived in the American-equivalent continent, Kreta. At the same time, his Lightning Tribe has some Native American influences, and Kreta is a melting pot. I live in the American Northeast myself!

Enjoy the book!

~Map~

~ Illustrations ~

1. Zenneth (Zen) Valgustus: Shrewd, Compassionate

 Zenneth (Zen) Valgustus: Shrewd, Compassionate

2. Kevyn Fuego: Honorable, Brave

 Kevyn Fuego: Honorable, Brave