CHAPTER II ¬ THE LIGHT

*    · .     ✺    ✧ .  ✵ *   *    · .     ✵ *      ✫ *   .   · ⊹   ✺ .   ✧    ✦ ✫   . ✫ * .            ·   ⊹   ✺ .     ✧ .  ✦ ✫   . .

SOREN HAVILLIARD

THE MOMENT Soren opened her eyes, her heart quickened at the dimly lit room. Her gaze then went to the pulsating blue gems on the winged warrior across her. The pulses almost matching with her rapid heart.

The familiar sharp dagger was back in its sheath right by his thigh. The male places his hand on it, a warning even if he didn't say out loud.

She scanned her gaze around the room. Noting and inspecting every crook and cranny of the cell. Soren's icy sapphire eyes pausing at a certain area where the air seemed displaced.

She narrowed her eyes at the spot but then acknowledged how the cold metal cuffs around her wrists pinch at her skin. Soren leaned closer to the cuff sealed on her left wrist to take a closer look at the metal. Strange, she thought. She tugged at it, to test the durability. Doing the same at her ankles. Seeing as she was firmly strapped in, she faced the winged warrior once again.

"Is this how you treat your guests?" She tugs on her chains, "By strapping them and chaining them?"

The male scoffed, "You trespassed on our lands, you are not a guest."

"I don't know this land!"

Despite her outburst, the winged warrior did not react. Only continued to observe her. At least that was until he took a sharp looking knife off the table behind him.

She was going to get tortured, for information she had no idea how to form into words at that moment.

Our female is very much educated with forms of torture. Not that she had much of a choice in the matter. But that is a story for another time.

Soren kept her eyes glued to the glinting knife, but then a dark chuckle startled her. Turning to the side, she saw the fae shapeshifter from earlier materialize from the darkness. He showed up right in the area where she felt the different aura.

"Even when unconscious and your magic dampened, your mind is still blocked from me," he walks closer to her, like a predator ready to pounce on its prey, "Let me in, little wolf."