CHAPTER III ¬ THE STRIKE

*    · .     ✺    ✧ .  ✵ *   *    · .     ✵ *      ✫ *   .   · ⊹   ✺ .   ✧    ✦ ✫   . ✫ * .            ·   ⊹   ✺ .     ✧ .  ✦ ✫   . .

AZRIEL

THE SHADOWSINGER knocked on her doors and entered the room upon hearing a 'come in' from the female.

"You sent for me?" he asked.

The lady eyed him from head to toe. He tried not to balk at her inspecting gaze. "I must say, you look nice without the warrior leathers."

She was dressed quite comfortable in a loose tunic. Her hair was a bit shinier now that it was clean. The glow of her face seemed brighter under the sunlight. A small smile adorned her mouth, making her look content.

"I wanted to go to the library. Nuala said the house had one."

Azriel raised a brow, "And you can't ask her to take you there?"

"I love them, I really do. They said they were wraiths, I've never met one before," she says, stepping out of her room, not waiting for him to follow.

Azriel let out a quiet sigh as he closed the door, "The library is the other way."

She turns around as if she never went the wrong direction, "Well, let's go."

──────────────────────────────

"HMM, THIS'LL DO," Soren mutters when she enters the library.

"Good to know that our library is up to your standards, your highness."

"Oh so formal," she waves him off and she walks to a nearby shelf, "You can go now and do whatever your High Lord tells you to do. I'll call for the twins when I need some assistance."

Truth be told, Rhysand had told him to keep an eye on the lady. He was practically playing babysitter at the moment. Azriel would rather do anything else but then again, the royal is a bit enjoyable to be with.

He pretends to do some light reading and research of his own to mask his observing. Snatching a couple glances here and there.

Lady Havilliard kept to herself mostly. Azriel watched as she gently approached the priestesses when she had some inquiries. He watched as she laid down a few maps available in their library. Some were too big for the tables so she had to put them on the floors. Soren even had the decency to take off her shoes when stepping over them.