CHAPTER VI ¬ THE STORM

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

a couple years ago…

SOREN HAVILLIARD

LIFE ON A SHIP is not what Soren had expected a few weeks after she had just been free of her collar. She and her company were on their way to help their other friends fight an armada of Valg demons or whatever their enemies are.

Her brother, who is now King after he had killed their terrible father, is adjusting better than her. With his power growing stronger each day, he was definitely on his way to greatness.

Soren always thought Dorian was the better twin even if she hadn't said it out loud. Dorian had manifested his power earlier than Soren. He started before the collar, knowingly. And she started before the collar, unknowingly. She didn't pay much attention because magic was forbidden so she thought that it was just her imagination. Her power came out mostly while in the collar when the Valg used her body and magic to torture and punish others.

Dorian Havilliard was getting more comfortable with handling his power. Willing it to do his whims with just a simple thought.

Meanwhile, Soren was hesitant to use hers. She had seen what her power could do to fragile human bodies. She had seen what the human anatomy looked from inside the body and when it was plucked out the body. She had seen what her lightning did to her brother. Just thinking about those instantly makes her want to bury her power so that it couldn't hurt anyone ever again.

──────────────────────────────

SOREN looked at the ships moving through the dark waters.

Dorian hands Soren her sword as they prepare for the fight, “I found it in the throne room after the king… died.”

She took it from his hands, the familiar weight of the steel bringing a sort of comfort in her, “I feel like I haven't seen this in forever.”

“It will always find its way back to you, Soren,” he says, “You can go and find shelter if you don't want to fight. We will not force you to.”

“I'll stay on the ship with you,” Soren decides, “I'll do my best to stay alive.”