CHAPTER VII ¬ THE CONNECTIONS

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

*    ·

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

*    · .      ✺        ✧ .   ✵  *   *    · .        ✵  *       ✫  *   .   ·          ⊹    ✺    .     ✧     ✦    ✫   .   ✫  * .               ·    ⊹    ✺ .        ✧ .   ✦    ✫   .  .

SOREN HAVILLIARD

AMREN WAS INSUFFERABLE as a teacher. She had been under the short fae's guidance for the past few days, with Rhysand not being able to train her because of his lordy obligations. Honestly, Soren's memory was unreliable when recalling her previous sessions with Amren. Which resulted in the short female being irritated at her forgetfulness.

“Are you even trying?” Amren says nonchalantly, not even shivering the slightest when her Ice covers the room. “Your brain must be smooth, all ideas and thoughts just sliding right off.”

“Ice is not my specialty, Amren. And I don't do well under pressure,” Soren's jaw tightened as she tried to calm her mind, “Maybe we should try my element.”

“Why didn't you say so then,” Amren stands from her position on the settee and walks out the room without waiting for Soren.

When the royal stepped out of the room, the cold immediately vanished. She sighed in relief when it did, “Finally.”

“You talked about your element, should we take to the roofs?”

Soren smiled at the thought that Amren probably thought that her element was with the skies because of the storm she created.

She shook her head, “I think the woods would be perfect.”

──────────────────────────────

THE SCENT of fresh soil and trees brought
Soren to ease even only for a moment. The scent from the soil connected her to the earth more than ever.

Her handmaiden back at home often regarded her as a child of the Earth. She was told that she was grounded, never letting herself stray off the ground. She was solid and hard-headed but with a realistic mindset.

She wasn't a dreamer like her brother, Dorian, or her friend, Aelin. Soren was a person who saw the world for what it really is. That was partly a reason why it took her a long time to accept her power. She felt like as a human, she wasn't made to wield the power she had possessed.