Chapter 75/222: The man named Keiran Oblonsky

A small gesture of appreciation for awaiting our return - Read, enjoy and let us know your thoughts!

Chapter Suggested Soundtrack:

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I filled a number of wine glasses, placing them carefully on a tray as I started my upcoming rotation around the guests of the Ellington Christmas Ball.

Left, right and center – I had reuqests coming constantly, much to my pleasure.

Because Sebastian and Scarlett had anticipated this.

That the more guests drink, the more they talk.

And the more they talk, the more I'm bound to come across information I'm looking for.

Over the course of the past two hours, I'd already known about more than a half dozen of upcoming divorces, a couple of illegimitate children here and there, and witnessed more than a four affairs taking place in broad daylight.

Holy shit, you really can never tell much about a person from a mere look.

I gulped, approaching my upcoming two targets.

My heart sank, as I saw Garrett Ellington standing on the other side of the hall, eyeing my two targets as well.

Vera Valentina and none other than her husband, Keiran Oblonsky were standing with their wine glasses, chattering with one or two of the other notable guests at the party.

Much to my luck, Oblonsky had his glass almost empty.

My heartbeat started racing, as my own heel tick tucks echoed through my senses.

I was approaching one of Trevor Ellington Conway's firearms.

"Excuse me, sir, would you like a refill?" I nodded curtly, managing to grasp the attention of the man in question.

A duo of dark, military-like eyes zeroed at me, as a terrified chill ran up my spine.

Keiran Oblonsky took a moment to observe me, from head to toe.

Before shooting his wife a quick glance.

It didn't pass me, much to my terror...

That Vera Valentina had shifted uncomfortably as well.

"Yes, but before that, would you be so kind as to guide me to the bathroom–" His eyes flashed at my name tag on my attire, "–Daisy?"

His question was such a normal and expected guest question.

One which I, on this night alone, have had to cater to more than a dozen times.

And yet, when it came from him...

It was nothing like normal or expected.

Because his voice and tone were not those of a guest lost or needs any guidance.

Oh no, they were those of a man who knew.

Much more than just where the bathroom was.

A man who, when he said Daisy, had said it like a TV presenter on a game show teasing the audience on the winner after having had the name of the winner in hand for more than thirty minutes.