Chapter 51/198: Third Save

Vote+Comment on one our our FAVOURITE chapters in this book!

Trigger warning: This chapter may contain more vulgar language than usual :) 

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

My eyes snapped wide at the voice, as my tears suddenly paused.

And yet I didn't look up.

I recognized the voice too well.

The throatiness... the haughtiness and the coldness...

In addition to the clear... temper.

Looking up, more tears escaped my eyes as they gazed into the familiar, devouring harsh orbs of the one and only Garrett Giovanni Ellington Conway.

Who had a tissue extended in my direction, and someway somehow....

It seemed as though he... had an idea what was going on.

He fixed his unflinching, sharp, dangerous, yet unevil gaze into me.

And that was all it took for my expression to crumble again before him.

Seeing he wasn't giving me the looks his sisters did earlier, I took the tissue, "Aren't you gonna blame me too?"

From before me, Garrett Ellington didn't seem surprised by that, as he kept his cold and harsh expression.

Yet somehow, the always-mad ocean in his eyes seemed to calm itself slightly, seeing my state.

He gave me a few moments to dry my tears slightly and kind of calm down.

As he took a seat beside me after this, and his voice came deep, cold, and raspy:

"Should I save you from drowning, again?"

A soft smile twitched to the side of my lips, in the deepest core of misery I was in. "Drowning in  the shithole I'm in, please." I murmured.

He spoke not, as he gazed at nothing in particular, giving me my space to wipe my tears and calm down slowly.

I did, and somehow my nervous system had officially broken down by now, and my tears were just coming down on their own in complete silence.

"Your brother dismissed me." I mumbled, "I... I have no idea how worse things can get," I clenched my fists, as I barely moved my lips, "But I have never felt as helpless as I do now."

My heart ached, remembering the occurrences of the past forty-eight hours, in addition to the president's numb wrath as he ordered me to leave for good this time.

"Thing is, my time at the company has not been the greatest," I whispered numbly. "But I know that I belong to it more than any other place."

Different memories and times at the Ellington Company shot to my mind, and I held back a sniff.

"I rose from the ashes twice in it." I mumbled. "After my family broke down, and after my father's death..."

A pair of cold, yet aesthetically magnetic eyes shot to mind, and different moments with Rickard Ellington Conway flashed before my eyes.

As though he'd read my thoughts, Garrett Ellington shifted, fixing me with his arrogant, and aristocratic beautiful gaze.

"Are you sure it is the company you belong to though, Charlotte?"

My eyes widened, and I stiffened, looking in his direction. "Huh?"

He shrugged, casually placing an unlit cigarette between his lips out of habit.