16

I felt a finger poking my cheek. One, two, three times and then it stopped.

A throbbing pain in my head prevented me from going back to sleep.

And again the poking. One, two... I grabbed the offending finger with my hand and tentatively opened one eye.

As expected, the finger was Ann's who was hovering over me.

"Finally." She said and tried to step back but I was still holding onto her index finger.

"You'll pay for this." I warned her.

"I don't think you're in the condition to proclaim revenge." She started pulling her finger but I held on strongly. "Let go." She said.

"No."

"Cam..." She warned.

We were pulling with all our strenght, I was now holding on her finger with both hands while she was using her standing position as an advantage.

"Ouch! My head..." I said suddenly in the midst of it all.

That made Ann stop and in that second I pulled her forward making her fall half on top of the bed and half on top of me. I laughed. "Aha! Got you!"

She lifted her head to glare at me. "That was cheating." She shifted then, putting more of her weight on me.

"You're heavy." I said and started pushing her.

"Am I?" She grinned and tried her damnest best to apply as much weight as she could on my poor little suffering body.

Her hands were blocking my arms as the rest of her body was successfully crushing me.

With a move worthy of an action movie I was able to lift my leg, push her up and flip us over, reversing our initial positions.

I was the one holding her down now, my hands blocking her arms and my thighs on either side of hers, securing her legs.

I was looking down at her, a triumphant smile on my face.

"Okay, you win." She conceded.

I smirked now. "See? I always do."

"Right." She scoffed. "Can you let go of my arms, please?"

I blushed, suddenly realizing that I was actually holding her down... on a bed... straddling her.

I let go of her arms, now self-conscious about everything but didn't get up from her legs.

"And for the record, you're heavy too."

I laughed. "That's why- Oh, shit! My head!" My hand flew up to hold the back of my head that hurt like mad while I closed my eyes from the sudden sharp pain.

"It doesn't work twice." I heard Ann say amusedly.

I didn't reply and fell back on the bed next to her, holding my head with both hands.

"Cam? Are you for real?"

When I still didn't reply, she sat up on the bed and bent down to examine my state.

"Where does it hurt?" She asked, taking my hands away from my head. I managed to indicate the back of my head somehow and I heard the bed shift, Ann getting up and going out of the room.

She came back a little while later, handing me two pills and a cup of water. "Here, take this."

I swallowed the pills with the help of the water and lied back down on the bed.

I felt Ann carress my forehead before kissing it softly. "Sleep for a bit and you'll feel better when you wake up."

***