Chapter 156

All movement ceased at that moment.

However, these pirates were from a mixture of different countries. They didn't all understand Chinese. Those who didn't understood looked at the fatty with extremely weird gazes. Those who could understand looked between this fatty and their leader, their expressions bewildered.

The pirate leader's first reaction was fury with a hint of ridicule. His gaze fixed upon that person. Right as he was about to speak, he felt that this person seemed more and more familiar.

That person said: "Daimyo Kana, don't you recognize me anymore?"

That large physique was naturally rarely seen, and he was also Chinese....

Kana Jougen's faded memories slowly stirred....
"So what if I'm a girl? Can't girls spar against you? If you're afraid to lose, just scram back to Fusang. Such a tiny speck of a country wants to make a ruckus in my Grand Xi! Do you think our Grand Xi has no one?!"

That was an extremely dazzling girl. Bright as the moon, splendid like spring flowers, exceptionally beautiful, all these descriptions weren't able to do justice to her soulstirring beauty. She was like a wild fire that burned brightly...behind this girl, a vulgar big fatty was hiding....a grand man actually hid behind a woman. It was that woman who wiped the floor with them all like they were stray dogs.....
Kana Jougen's face alternated between pale and green.

"Fourth Prince Consort?"

These words were spoken through gritted teeth.
"Wrong, wrong, drop the consort part."

Luo Huai Yuan shook his fingers, "how are you so dumb" written across his face.

Kana Jougen's entire face twisted.

It was that Fourth Prince Consort who caused them to return in defeat. As the leader of the envoys, he naturally wasn't able to avoid responsibility for the failure. For the sake of avoiding blame, the group pushed all the blame onto the Grand Xi. Although they were able to get through it, the matter still affected many things.

Because the situation in Fusang was getting worse, every bakufu's general sent subordinates to plunder the seas and gather wealth for them. Daimyo Kana used to be favored by the Edoku Bakufu's general. However, due to his failure in the Grand Xi, the general no longer liked him and the others frequently mocked and shunned him. Therefore, this sort of job was left to him.

At first, Kana Jougen was doing pretty well. With a general backing him, he was one of the more powerful pirates. Unforutnately, his easy days were long gone. Due to the pirates being too rampant, the navy had personally sent troops to surround them twice.

Kana Jougen had been present one of those times. His eye had been ruined then. That would still have been acceptable but the subordinates he brought from Fusang had pretty much been wiped out.

After he escaped from the jaws of death, he wretchedly returned to Fusang. He had thought the general would forgive him on account of his past succeses. Unexpectedly, that general furiously said he lacked successes but had plenty of failures, and drove him out. With his previous enemies kicking him while he was down, Kana Jougen had no choice but to go back to his old ways. He gathered a bunch of ronin and set sail once again.

This time wasn't as easy as before. He had to start from scratch. Pirates had their own factions where big fish ate little fish and little fish ate shrimp. This sort of system was applicable everywhere. Kana Jougen lived within the cracks and suffered countless trials and humiliation. He was reduced to an ordinary pirate several times before managing to use his schemes and ruthlessness to become a leader.

He naturally knew the ships by Yeluo Island shouldn't be touched. However, with the navy frequently cracking down, pirates had less and less room to survive. They could only gather by Ryukyu's islands and hide themselves in the complicated terrain. Their group hadn't plundered any ships in two months. They were running out of supplies and his subordinates frequently mutinied. This raid was conducted out of desperation. He planned on plundering this ship to alleviate their situation and get rid of the evidence to avoid future troubles.