Chapter Nine

A coat lay across one chair.

A jean jacket lay across another.

Two pairs of unidentical shoes lay strewn all over the floor.

In the center of the room, an unlikely pair could be seen taking a nap together.

"Should we wake them up?" a voice said.

"I don't want to but Adelaide and William would be back soon," a female voice replied.

At the names of the twin royals, Camila peeled her eyes open. The dainty clock above the door said the time was twenty minutes past six. She did not want to believe it; she had slept for more than five hours, twice as much sleep than she required to function every day.

Her eyes dropped to the King and Queen in the doorway who bore warm smiles.

She finally looked at the Prince who was holding her tightly with his legs tangled in hers and his head nestled in her chest. He looked serene, much better than he had looked in the past few weeks.

She shot down the stab of guilt that sliced through her.

"Your Highness," she said, "Your siblings would be here soon."

"Go back to sleep, Mila," he groaned and pulled her on top of him.

She did not dare glance at his parents.

Reaching down quickly, she kissed his nose hoping he would respond. He didn't.

She moved to his lips.

Immediately, his hand shot up to hold the back of her head to press her closer.

After a few seconds, she pulled back ignoring his groan of protest.

"Mila, if you're gonna wake me up like that, at least don't stop halfway."

"Some other time. Your siblings are coming," she slipped out of his embrace and reached for her coat.

He sat up and stretched, "That was the best sleep I've ever had in my life."

"Don't exaggerate," she said and threw his jacket at him.

Although she said that, she knew exactly what he was talking about. She could feel her internal workings functioning better than optimally, almost humming in satisfaction.

He gave her a smug smirk, "Whatever you say, Mila."

"Mila?" the queen asked, her smile growing.

That was when he noticed his parents at the door.

"Oh, hey, Mum. Dad. You don't mind me borrowing your knowledge keeper, do you?" he grinned. Camila rolled her eyes.

What a child.

"You just manage to find the joke in everything, don't you?" his father said chuckling.

He walked to the door, "Yes, yes I do."

The prince looked outside and frowned, "Where are the people that interrupted my nap?"

Just then, the twins stormed in yelling for their father to settle an argument between them.

"What is it again, you crazy kids?" the said father sighed. 

"Tell William that pineapple doesn't belong on pizza!"

"Tell Adelaide that it doesn't matter. It's just pizza!"

"Can you hear his blasphemy? It's just pizza. Can you hear it?" the princess accused.

"You can live without it. If pizza was outlawed, you won't die," Prince William replied.

"I'd rather be a fugitive than give it up," she said with narrowed eyes.