03

real life !

As Conan finishes his final song and steps off the stage, the crowd begins to flood out the doors. Cassidy's green eyes light up with excitement as she approaches him backstage. Conan can't help but pull her into a tight hug as soon as she reaches him, still feeling the energy from the performance.

"You were unbelievable," she tells him as he holds onto her for a few seconds longer, savoring the embrace.

"I guess the running mascara says it all," Conan jokes as he lets go of her, pointing out the mess that was the melting makeup on her face.

"Shut up," Cassidy laughs.

They stand there and talk excitedly about the show, despite barely knowing each other for half a day, they feel completely at ease around each other, as if they've been best friends for months.

The moment lasted for a good five minutes before Delilah, Hannah, and Natalia came running backstage, attacking Cassidy and Conan with hugs.

"Ah, we all did so good! Now I'm fucking starving lets go get food" Natalia said as she pulled away from the group hug and walked off, causing everyone to laugh.

...

The group got take out ordered and they were settling down in the tour bus...which was the fanciest place Cassidy had ever been in.

The bus mocked a modern farmhouse with wood floors and couches, and as Cassidy flopped on the bottom bunk bed it felt like she was laying on a cloud. In what world was a bus such a beautiful place?

"What the fuck is this place? My tour bus was never liked this" Cassidy said as she stood up, throwing her Superache tour hoodie over her oversized Taylor Swift t-shirt she changed into.

"Well I guess some are better than others" Delilah laughed as she sipped on her Dr. Pepper, starting to set her bags on the bed.

"You sure you don't want the top?" Delilah asked, stopping herself as she was about to throw her second bag on the top bunk.

"No it's alright" Cassidy replied, flicking her hair back from under the hood.

Cassidy and Delilah were sitting on their phones for the next couple of minutes until Conan barged into the room and sat on the end of Cassidy's bed.

"Hi Cass," Conan said casually.

"Hi," Cassidy nodded at him, her eyes flicking up from her phone for a split second before looking back down.

Conan shuffled closer to Cassidy until his shoulder bumped into hers.

"What are you doing?" Conan asked, his eye landing on a small stitched-up scar on the side of her neck which he had a good view of since he was closer to her.

"Nothing" Cass replied as she continued to scroll through the comments of her Instagram post.

Conan took in her features, her long brown hair, her dark green eyes, the small birthmark on her neck next to the stitch, and the one dimple she had on her cheeks when she smiled at something funny.

"Hm," He hummed as his eyes flicked from her face to her phone, his eye falling on a certain comment Cassidy was reading.

user Cole fumbled the bag fr

Cassidy seemed to bite back a laugh when she read this, scrolling past it as she continued reading more comments.

"Who's Cole?" Conan asked, almost dumbly that he just flat out said that without knowing who he was to her.

Cassidy shook her head. "My ex"

"Ugh Cole" Delilah scoffed from the top bunk causing Cassidy to giggle.

"How do you know about her ex but I don't?" Conan asked.

"I'm her number one stan. I know everything" Delilah said, her hand crawling over the edge of the top bunk.

"Ew Lilah" Cassidy laughed, running her hand over her face as she laughed.

Conan smiled, but his smile slowly disappeared. He couldn't understand how a girl like her got heartbroken, if anything he'd marry that girl in a heartbeat.

"Here let me show you him," Delilah said as she climbed down the top bunk and pulled up a picture from Cole's Instagram.

Cassidy broke out into laughter at something Delilah said that Conan couldn't hear, as his eyes lingered on the picture of the boy his mind wandered.

How could he ever compete with that?

...

"And he was so- God I don't know" Conan sighed as he vented to Hannah and Natalia who was eating a bag of Cheeto puffs.

"So what you're trying to say is that you're jealous of Cole because Cass liked him at one point?" Hannah asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, I guess," Conan said as he scrolled through old photos of Cass and Cole on his phone.

"You? Conan Gray? Jealous of that self-absorbed piece of shit people call Cole Lotus? That isn't the Conan I know" Natalia said, folding the chip bag and setting it down.

"Wait this sounds so familiar- oh wait it's your own fucking song titled Heather!" Hannah exclaimed causing Conan to tense up.

"Oh my gosh don't-" Conan began.

"Heather Cole's Version when?" Natalia laughed.

Conan rolled his eyes. "I can and will kick you off the tour if that's what you want"

"Alright fine" Natalia smirked.

"But seriously- Conan if you like her just ask her out to a cafe or something" Hannah shrugged.

"Wow and to think we've been friends for years. Why would I ever make the first move?" Conan scoffed, feeling almost nauseous as he scrolled through photo after photo of Cassidy and Cole on Instagram.

This girl has him messed up in the best and worst way possible

Lilli ❤️‍🩹

sorry it was short but i wanted to get this to yall fast since i've been sleeping on this

added new songs to Cassidy's discography and added new characters (who won't be relative until halfway through the book)

NOW GO STREAM LONELY DANCERS BYE <3