10

ARE CASSIDY MAKANE AND CONAN GRAY DATING?

HERE'S THE PROOF WE HAVE SO FAR

by Sophia Gomez

WHO IS CASSIDY MAKANE?

Cassidy Makane is a singer/songwriter who gained fame through her debut album "prfct" which featured the hit song "Bad Time" that made it to the BILLBOARD HOT 100™ two years ago. At that time, she was considered a "one hit wonder". However, mid last year after her announcement that she broke up with social media star Cole Lotus she made a comeback with her next hit song "what would you do?" which was followed by her sophomore album titled "i used to think i could fly". She recently released a single called "bet u wanna".

WHO IS CONAN GRAY?

Conan Gray is also a singer/songwriter who has recently taken the charts on music apps by storm, as of a couple of months ago he has released singles that are anxiously leading up to his new album Superache. As of now, he's on his Superache World Tour where he performs the various singles he has released that are most likely from the new album and ones from his past projects like "Kid Krow".

CASSIDY MAKANE ON THE SUPERACHE WORLD TOUR

In February of this year, Makane made an announcement on her Instagram that Gray invited her to be the opener for the Superache World Tour. This came as a surprise for some fans since the last time (and first time) we saw Makane and Gray together was in an Instagram post with Olivia Rodrigo last year at the AMA Awards.

OPEN THE COMMENTS

Since the tour began, Makane has been more active on her social media pages. On opening night, she posted a picture of herself in the outfit she wore for the show while flipping off the camera with the caption "SUPERACHE TOUR NIGHT 1 SUCCESS (this picture was taken before hearing astronomy and lookalike live im not ok send help)"

If you open the comments the first thing you see is Gray's comment that reads

"that's nice but where's my photo credit?"

with Makane replying playfully that the songs he sang that night quote

"messed up her mascara"

If you see the replies to Gray's comment their fan's thoughts are all over the place with some encouraging the thought of the two being together while others are acting more negatively towards the idea.

Not too long after that dilemma Makane posted on her Instagram that she woke up with a sore throat and couldn't perform for the tour that night with Gray commenting "feel better cass <3" and the day after he commented again on another post she made that he introduced her to his favorite rom-com "The Proposal" which sends fans into a spiral of theories and thoughts.

WRONG ACCOUNT

A couple of days go by and the Twitter account Pop Crave notifies it's followers that Makane had followed an account that ships her and Gray on her main account and unfollowed the next day and this is when fans start really thinking that wasn't some slip-up.