09

real life !

"-And oh my gosh he fucking knows he knows damn fucking well!" Cassidy exclaims to Delilah who was sitting on the top bunk with Hannah who wasn't really paying attention to Cassidy's spiel coming from the bottom bunk.

"Wow Cass" Hannah replies as if Cassidy was a toddler speaking nonsense.

Cassidy lets out a deep sigh and turns on her side, her gaze fixated on the blank wall where the sturdy bunk bed is bolted. Her mind is a flurry of thoughts, leaving her feeling overwhelmed.

"I hate this"

"And to think I was gonna stop dating"

"Is he just being nice? Probably-"

"No no one would be that nice when you just met a month ago that's not how it works right?"

Cassidy sat up in her bed. She walked towards her purse which was lying on the ground, and started digging through it to find her airpods. She put one of them in her ear and opened her phone to shuffle her playlist. As she lay back in bed, the song "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac began to play, and she started to focus on the lyrics.

Thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know

Cass loved this song, her dad played this song all the time in his car for her since she was a baby. She knew every word by heart and it made her feel a tad bit homesick being that it was played all the time. Cassidy sat back up in her bed and hummed the song, walking out of the room quickly to get the bottle of water she left in the other room. As she walked she found Conan sitting back in a plush chair, his brown eyes illuminated by the blue light of his phone.

She admired him for a quick second before taking the water bottle off the table nearby and turning on her heel to walk back to her room until she heard Conan's voice. "What are you listening to, Cass?" Conan's voice caught her by surprise, causing her to turn around quickly.

"Oh uh Dreams by Fleetwood Mac" Cassidy replied.

"I love that song" Conan smiled at her.

Gosh his smile made her melt

"It's my favorite too my dad always played it for me when I was a kid and I guess it's just grown on me," Cassidy said, her stomach doing a backflip just at the sight of him and the sound of his voice.

"That's cute"

Cassidy's heart started picking up speed as Conan's gaze lingered on her. She managed to keep her composure, determined not to let him see the effect he had on her. "Night Conan..."

"Night Cass"

Of course, he uses the nickname

As Cassidy walks back to her room and shuts the door behind her she sees Delilah and Hannah still on the top bunk calling Natalia despite her being literally across the hall from them.

"Cass say hi to Nat she's on speaker!" Hannah said.

"Hey Nat" Cass calls before moving back into her bed, the song transitioning to that way by Tate Mcrae.

Curse you shuffle button

Cassidy ran her hand down her face in frustration, she hadn't felt so much for a boy she met two whole months ago. Usually, it took her a long time to develop a crush but this might be a new record.