04

real life !

"Check check!" Cass said into the mic as the stage manager gave her a thumbs up.

"Perfect Cassidy. Hit it, James," the manager said as one of the stagehands started playing the intro to one of Cassidy's songs.

While Cass was singing, Conan sat backstage, scrolling through Cole's Instagram which had become a habit since Delilah and Cass brought him up. Ever since then, he's been sick to his stomach at the thought of the two.

Hannah walked backstage and rolled her eyes when she noticed Conan was engrossed in his phone. No matter the countless talks she's had with him about Cole, he hasn't stopped.

She slowly snuck behind him and peeked over his shoulder only to catch a glimpse of the picture he was looking at.

"Seriously Cone? I thought we all spoke about this when Cass wasn't around" She groaned.

Conan jumped and quickly turned off his phone, whipping his head around to face Hannah. "I know I know bu-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. Conan, Cole hasn't been around Cassidy in what? Going on two years? He's long gone" Hannah said, looking right into Conan's anxiety-filled eyes.

"Just- He's a fucking dick" Conan mumbled, looking down at the black screen of his phone.

"Sure he is Conan but you have to understand-" Hannah started, not sure how to get it across to him.

"But look at him! He's so much better looking and he rented out the whole Zoo for her birthday once! Look let me sho-" Conan said as he started to pick up his phone to show her but Hannah snatched his phone out of his hand and set it on the table beside him.

"And he did that all for attention. To make him look like the good guy" Hannah explained which made Conan go quiet.

"Seriously have you heard any of Cassidy's songs? At this point I'll have to crown Delilah as Cassidy's number one fan" Hannah scoffed.

"...Whatever" Conan mumbled as he stuffed his phone in his pocket and glanced to the stage to see Cassidy singing one of Delilah's favorite songs of hers "you're so cool".

You take all your issues

Blame them on everyone else

I bet that if you could you'd

Go on a date with yourself

Oh you think that you're so fucking cool

Got a new girl and some new tattoos

Yeah way to fucking cool

But all your best friends really hate you to

Every time I hear your name, why's it make me sick?

Ooh it's driving me insane that I'm not over it

I can't seem to get away from you-

"And guess who those lyrics are about?" Hannah said, looking up at Conan as she awaited his answer.

"...I think I know," Conan said with a roll of his eyes at the thought of the boy that's been making him feel sick for a week straight.