Page 3

Alsisha POV:

I stood up and sat on the bed with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. I was hyperventilating and crying, there was a ringing sound in my ears and I felt like I was going to pass out.

I slid off the bed onto the floor covering my ears with my hands while my knees were up to my chest rocking back and forth. I couldn't comprehend what was happening everything hurt and flashbacks of everything came flooding back.

I felt a hand on my arm and jolted up, the girl with the pregnant sister was kneeling in front of me. I was still hyperventilating and my vision was still blurry, I smacked her hand off me and quickly scooted away. I could barely hear anything she was saying, the ringing was drowning everything out.

The last thing I heard before blacking out was "it's just me, Zariyah- Me.. Ri—pleas- let me help you" and for some odd reason I said okay.

Zariyah POV:

I had just got back from my late night run when I heard screaming from down the hall. I looked up from my phone and knew exactly who it was. I have no idea who this girl is but so far she seems like a whole lot of unnecessary problems dude. Now if this wasn't my damn apartment building, I wouldn't bother myself with this shit but all the complaints will come to me. I guess I was also a little intrigued by her.

A couple of tenants opened there doors but I shooed them off letting them know I'll handle it.

I walked up to her door and knocked but got no answer, all I heard was faint but heavy breathing. I knocked again and heard another yell, still no answer. I said aloud that I was coming in just incase then I used my master key to get in.

When I opened the door I saw a bunch of furniture being lightly lit up by a light in the corner of the living room.

I could hear her crying and hyperventilating from the master bedroom. I rushed in and saw her balled up on the floor. She looked like she was having a panic attack, she didn't seem to be aware of anything going on around her though. She was so pretty and even though I knew nothing about this girl it hurt my heart seeing her like this.

I kneeled down and lightly touched her shoulder and she jolted up and smacked my hand then scooted away from me fast.

As I stood back up I could see nothing on her face but utter fear and sadness. She was also squinting her eyes like she was having trouble seeing.

"Hey calm down I wanna help.", she didn't answer she just continued hyperventilating then I saw her swaying a bit. "Shit she's gonna pass out". I slowly walked up to her with my hands up in surrender and kneeled near her but not too close.

She fell over from her sitting position and I caught her. I wondered what could've made her like this, what scared her so terribly. " it's just me, Zariyah, you can call me Riya. please let me help you I-" she cut me off saying okay in a small whisper tone and after that she passed out.

I reached my arm under her legs while the other was already securely wrapped around her back from her falling.

I lifted her up and layed her on the bed. I went to go find a rag so I could wet it with cool water and try to get her to a normal temp. I found a brand new pack of rags in one of the grocery bags in the kitchen and started the water from the focet. I would've got her some water as well but this girl had no cups

Not only did she have no cups, she had no plates or utensils at all. I mean she did just move in but man absolutely nothing. That's crazy.

I let the water run over the rag for a little then rung it out and folded it up. As I walked back to her room I heard faint sniffling.

She was laying on her side with her back facing away from me. I lightly knocked on the door to avoid scarring her. She quickly jumped up and grabbed something from who knows where and before I knew it there was a gun to my head.

I dropped the rag and threw my hands in the air, "woahhhh what the fuck are you doing". "Dont move and I won't shoot" I looked at her with wide eyes and did my best not to shit myself. This girl went from a crying mess to some gangster female holding a gun to my head. I quietly stuttered out an okay and licked my lips.

Man call me crazy but this girl is gorgeous even though I should probably be fearing for my life right now. Which I am just a little, im mostly trying to hide the fact that a puddle is slowly forming between my legs.

Something about a beautiful black girl protecting herself is extremely hot to me. On top of that the way her locs are just hanging down her back while a few are in her face. Shit at this point she can go ahead and shoot me I sound so dumb right now.

"Aye! Answer my question" I guess I zoned out for a minute because I don't recall any question. "Umm wh- what was it." Mannnn I sound so pussy right now stuttering and shit. I need to get it together asap. She cocked her head at me and cut her eyes. "I asked how the hell you get in my house and why the fuck your in here". She- she living here and don't even know who own this place that's crazy.

I'd love to answer her question but I can't do that while it's a gun to my head. "I'll answer when you lower your gun, you got every right to feel a way about me being in here so keep it out but I ain't answering shit while you got that to my head". I looked into her eyes and we stared eachother down for what felt like eternity before she lowered it.

"Thank you" I said while letting out the air I hadn't realized I was holding in. "Mmhm now talk", she said as she tucked her gun in her pants not hiding it.

"I own this building so I got in with my master key, as for why I'm here? I heard yelling so I tended to my landlordly duties and let myself in to make sure you was Ight."

She examined my face for a minute as if she was trying to decide whether or not to believe me. She was about the speak but was cut of by someone saying hello from the hall.

She reached for her gun again. "Wait no just let me go take care of it, it's probably just a nosey tenant". I expected her to disagree but she just nodded.

I turned and walked to the door, I realized my dumbass left it cracked open this entire time. She followed behind me and stood towards the right of the wall where she couldn't be seen by whoever was at the door.

I opened the door to see a little old lady in her night gown and robe. She lived on the opposite side of the hall and was one of the sweetest women I had ever met. She looked at me in shock, " Oh- Riya is that you, what on earth are you doing here at this time of night". I let out a small laugh and responded. "Well I was just helping my new tenant get settled in, what are you doing at this time of night Mrs. Jones". "Well I heard quite a bit of ruckus and thought Id investigate" she said while adjusting her glasses.

I felt a light thud on the door and peaked in to see her leaned against it holding her head. I looked back at Mrs. Jones with a smile, she hadn't seemed to notice anything. "everything's alright, it's pretty late though so you should get back to your home ma'am". She nodded her head and gave a small wave then walked away.

I carefully closed the door and faced her . "Are you okay". She looked up at me and nodded her head then started going back towards her room.

"You can show yourself out" she said from a little bit away.

I know she didn't seem as if she was willing to except any help but the thought of just leaving her like that... I couldn't. I've never been the stubborn type so usually I'd just walk away but I really didn't want to.

I watched her walk slowly then she stumbled and almost fell, I ran up and caught her before she could hit the ground. I was behind her holing one of her arms while my other was under her opposite arm across her chest keeping her stable.

"I don't need your help" she said lowly. "You might not want help but you definitely need it". She regained her footing and tried to move off me but she was too weak from all the pain she was in.

I picked her up the same way I did before and she didn't protest she just laid her head on my chest. " don't try shit or I'll kill you". I laughed but she didn't... she was definitely serious.

🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋
Ouhhh ghetto love story??? I'm kiddingggg but Alaisha serious asf don't test her. Miss Riya is sooo sweetttt and nasty omg.😭