Page 20

Alaisha POV:

Couple days later

I'm honestly so happy I finally told Zariyah everything i mean I didn't get super into detail but I said a lot and she's still here.

Not once did she judge me or anything and when I told my sister she obviously said "I told you so." That day me and Lisha hung out all day we even got our nails done at a salon for the first time since we were tiny with our mom.

I just got short french tips and she got some long decorative nails and the colors were orange, silver and white. I'm thinking I might try long nails next time I'm not sure yet though.

Right now I'm reading a book though as usual doing what I love.

Ring ring

I sat up from reading my book to grab my phone seeing Riya's name on the screen. I didn't notice until I answered the call I was cheesing hard as hell.

"Hey ma what you doing" I got out the camera and put a bookmark in my book.

"Well I was reading" I said with a smile still on my face. The past few days with her have been a lot better and I feel less of a reason to reserve myself around her.

Obviously we still have a long way to go but yeah baby steps. "My bad you want me to call back later?"

I quickly put my face in the camera.
"Nooo I've been reading all day, what you doing?"

She was laying in her bed with her hair in a messy bun and a white beater on, her phone was propped up sideways, I'm not sure how but she just always looks so good.

She lightly licked her lips then answered "Just got out the shower, I went to the gym at like 2".

My eyes went wide, it was literally 8pm.

"You trying to kill yourself or something it's late as hell".

I mean that would be like a normal training day for me but she shouldn't need to do all that, that's crazy.

"It ain't that serious chill"

"Chill? Mmh Kay"

I laid back down sitting my phone next to me and started  reading again. It's just something about being told to "chill out" or "calm down" that's always rubbed me the wrong way especially when Im not even doing anything.

I heard Riya groan in frustration then a second later she hung up.

That honestly just irritated me so much because it wasn't that serious, if I wanted to hang up I would've I wasn't even that mad I was just being extra.

I sighed and closed my book and picked up my phone,  I started to text her but I heard a knock at my door.

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed, I threw on my blanket covering my whole body because all I had on was a bra and some booty shorts.

Im not stupid though I wouldn't even answer the door like this for a random person. Theres only three people it could be and if it's not one of them then Im not opening the door.

Like honestly why are you disturbing my peace.

I got to the door and checked the peep hole and saw Zariyah.

She just hung up on me and showed up at my door. Okay....

I'm still standing on my attitude though so I hope she didn't expect anything different.

"Can I help you" I said through the door.

"Girl open the door"

"Why"