Chapter Thirteen

“In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen

I Never Promised You Anything

A few minutes had passed and Jayden hadn't said anything yet and Ashina wondered what was going on in his mind.

Was he thinking of a way to punish her for not telling him the truth sooner ?

She didn't want to go back to the basement again that's why she was on her best behaviour this morning not wanting to provoke him.

When she saw him look back at her she wanted to look away but she remembered that he had threatened to pluck her eyes out if she didn't look at him so she kept still and looked back into his eyes.

She didn't want her eyes to be plucked out.

“ How did you meet with Klara ” He suddenly asked her.

“ I didn't meet with her, she was the one who came to meet me in the room ” Ashina said and Jayden narrowed his eyes at her. He noticed the way she said ‘ in the room ’ and not ‘ in my room ’

“ And what did she tell you ” He asked again.

“ She only told me that she was meant to be your mate and not me and I told her that I wished she was your mate ” Ashina said and Jayden's lips rose up into a scary smirk.

“ Really that's what you told her ” He said and leaned close to her again and she moved back as she gulped while blinking her eyes unable to keep them still and she felt him grab her face again making her hiss in pain for the second time.

“ Ouch, you're hurting me ” She said trying to take his hand off her face as the pain was getting unbearable but he only held her tighter.

“ Why didn't you tell me that it was her who let you out of the mansion in the first place hmm ” Jayden asked her but Ashina couldn't answer him because of how hard he was holding her face and tears streamed down her cheeks.

“ I was scared that you'll hurt her ” She said and Jayden let go of her face when he saw her crying but was more concerned of the words she just said.

She was scared that he would hurt Klara and instead decided to punish herself ?

Ashina moved back away from him as she pushed her hair aside revealing his finger print on her right cheek but she quickly covered it with her hand as she sniffed.

He frowned when he saw the purpleish mark on her cheek, he knew he had slapped her hard to leave a mark there but it has been days now and the mark was suppose to have gone so why was it still there.

He was about to say something again when he heard her stomach growl and he remembered that she had not had breakfast because he had asked her to come see him right away after she bath herself and he immediately mind link his Gamma.

[ Dexter get over here ] He said through the mind link as he walked away from her and stood beside the window with his back turned against her.

As soon as Dexter arrived he looked at Ashina who was still sitting on the sofa with her hand on her cheek and her head down and he wondered if Jayden had slapped her again and then he looked at Jayden who was standing by the window side and he walked up to him and stood some distance away from him.

“ Yes Alpha ” He said.

“ Take her to eat and escort her back to her room and you must not let her out of your sight this time ” Jayden said without turning around to look at him.