Chapter 2

A/N
Self harm will be mentioned (non explicit)

As the warm morning light peeked through my curtains, filling my room with a gentle glow, I couldn't help but feel those butterflies in my stomach. Today was the start of my senior year, the last exciting chapter of my high school adventure. I glanced at the clock, realizing I needed to hurry if I didn't want to be late on my first day.

I quickly throw on my green cargo pants, a white top, and a vest to keep warm in the morning, because they can get chilly. After brushing my teeth and fixing my hair, I snap a photo and sent it to Lily and Alex. Grab my bag, I rush downstairs.

"Hi, mom," I say as I walk into the kitchen.

"Hi, honey," she replies, planting a kiss on my forehead. "Excited for school today?"

"Kind of, but it doesn't really matter how I feel about it. I have to go either way," I respond, grabbing some things from the kitchen to take with me. "I have to leave now or I'll be late. See you tonight!" I smile and give my mom a kiss on her cheek.

"Bye," I hear her call after me.

"Bye!" I shout as I run out the door.

• • •

Once I arrive at school, I head straight to my locker and stash away the things I won't need just yet. Checking my schedule, I realize that I have English as my first class. I'm thrilled because English has always been my favorite subject. I make my way to the classroom and open the door. There are a few people already inside, but I don't recognize anyone. I find a seat at the back of the class and settle in.

Suddenly, the bell rings, and more students rush in, buzzing with excitement about their holidays.
When everyone is settled in, the teacher walks in and I can't believe my eyes. She's the woman from the bookstore, only there's a different vibe around her.

"I'm Ms Anderson and I'll be your English teacher this year. I'm always in a bad mood so don't try anything or we'll have a problem. I'm not scared to give detention." She says, writing her name on the board. Damn her ass looks fine in those tight fitted black pants. As she turns around, our eyes meet, and I'm left blushing, not knowing what to do. I manage to give her a polite smile, but she doesn't smile back and continues with the lesson.

She leans against the desk, sleeves rolled up and hands in her pockets, and explains that we should introduce ourselves by writing down three important things in our lives or things that have had a significant impact on us, whether for the better or worse.

I write about books, music and my dog; Diva, and how they helped me get through a really tough time. I don't share all the details because it's not something I usually talk about, especially since I don't know her. I just give enough information to prevent her from failing me or asking too many questions.

Once I finish the assignment, I decide to pass some time by writing down a few lines of poetry on a separate sheet of paper.
While Ms. Anderson is making her rounds, she notices that I'm not working on the task and asks annoyed, "Why aren't you working on the assignment...?"

"It's Emily, and I'm already done with it. Here," I say with a smile, handing her the paper. She lets out a huff and takes the paper from me. No need to be so rude, I think to myself.
As she's walking away I stare at her ass, again. I know I have a problem, but it's not my fault it looks so good. She turns around and catches me, but I play it cool, making it look like I was just thinking and she smirks. Damn another thing I'm obsessed with now.