Morning talk

Hazel's pov:

It was an early morning, the sun wasn't even up yet and everyone was still asleep in their warm shelters while I had to wake up extremely early and go to the kitchen and start cooking everyone's breakfast in the freezing cold. At least the little lamb told me I don't have to do this forever. He came up with a chore system that rotates every month and it's my month to cook breakfast,lunch and dinner. When the sun was slowly rising in the sky the followers started to wake up and head towards the kitchen.
I started handing everyone their berry bowl breakfast. Some of the followers thanked me while the other followers were either too tired or half asleep to thank me. I don't mind. I gave the last follower their breakfast until I saw my favorite person of all time Lambart.
"Good morning little lamb." I said with a small smile and the little lamb gave me a small tired smile in return.
"Morning Hazel, how are you today?" He asked while rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Good now that I get to see and talk to you." I said as I handed him his breakfast.
"Here you go! You're berry bowl, breakfast and a cup of coffee." I said with a grin and immediately the little lamb downed the cup of coffee probably burning the inside of his throat.
If you're wondering no, we don't give all the followers coffee not anymore. But we give it to the followers who can handle caffeine. And where the coffee came from you may ask well I found these types of brown beans they are known to give people lots of energy. At first I thought you had to eat the beans but that was a bad idea, so I ground the beans and put them in a cup of water. It was fine, but something else was missing. Finally, I just decided to boil the water then pour the ground up beans in the boiling water and try it. It was perfect. I mean it tasted pretty bitter tasting, I think I needed to add something else in, but it was still perfect. I asked the little lamb to try it and he loved it despite the bitter taste, and asked me to make this for him every day so I did. I grabbed a mangled dead follower and coffee for myself and walked towards the log Lambert was sitting at and sat with him and started to eat. "So today the day." I said as I started to eat the corpse.
"Yep today I'll free Narinder from his prison. To be honest I'm really nervous Hazel." Lambert said.
"About what?" I asked "About what happened to me,my cult and my followers. I just can't stop thinking back to what you asked me yesterday. What's gonna happen when I free Narinder?" Lambert asked as he turned his head toward me with a slight scared look in his eyes.
I stopped eating and turned my gaze towards Lambert.
"Look little lamb I'm not sure what will happen once you've freed that giant three eyed cat. He'll probably kill you or make you his slave or something. But maybe we can try to focus on the positive. What if he makes you your own crown in replacement of the red crown and lets you keep your cult and followers. Or bring the rest of the lambs that were killed back to life or..." I was interrupted by Lambert placing his hoof on my chest floof.
"Hazel stop I know you want me to look at the positive side to what will happen but sadly, you and I both know all that stuff will not happen but thanks anyway for trying to make me feel better." Lambert said with a sad smile. I gave him a sad smile in return. "You're welcome little lamb." I said softly as I lifted the red crown off his head and started to pet his wooly head and placed the crown back on his head. " Now hurry up and finish your breakfast so you can do your sermon." I said as I finished eating the corpse and started to walk towards the temple with other followers trailing behind me.

(Sorry about the coffee talk in the story. I was working on this chapter very early in the morning in my body really wanted caffeine.)