Yulia

Princess Yulia sat in the parlor of her new house, which she had purchased in the nobility's section of the city of course. It was richly furnished to her sense of fashion, and maids and footmen were working double time to make the home ready for guests.

She looked over the spread of mail in her lap. She smiled cruelly. Many of them were RSVPs for an invitation to her sitting room to discuss the Queen's new favorite. Others were shadowy whispers about the history of this new favorite. She had a plethora of letters from a handful of young men who lived in the village she had come from, and not only that, she had communication with her parents. This was the most illuminating and exciting bit for Yulia.

There was no love lost between the parents and their child, but the parents were eager to capitalize on her newfound fame and fortune. Yulia planned to bring them to the city in style. There was no reason not to see them at this upcoming ball, after all.

Lianne brought her a tea tray, and began pouring a cup for her mistress. She was careful. Since the Valet physically evicted them from the palace, her Lady's mood had been volatile. But getting this recent pile of mail had dampened her fury some. She was glad of this, she was tired of the tantrums. "My Lady," she said gently, holding out the cup.

Yulia took the cup and said, "Clear these things, and set them on my desk."

Lianne did as she was told and settled her post on her writing desk. She was able to read a little of what had been sent, but she dared not read more than she could get away with. She went to attend to her Lady instead.

"She has a set of grubby social climbing parents that deserve to see their child," the Princess finally said.

"I can secure invitations easily," Lianne said silkily. "My contact at the palace will surely come through for the right price."

"You have an expensive source," Yulia said dismissively, "but the information has been steady."

"Yes, ah. I shall meet her later tonight," Lianne said, and her hand twitched.

Yulia jerked her head toward her writing desk. "In the top drawer."

Lianne snuck another glance at the mail as she retrieved the coinage she would pay Kal tonight. Hm. She could see that her Lady had invited a lot of important names for tea.

"I'm going to have a tea prepared in the courtyard in a few days," Yulia said, making Lianne hurry back to her side. "I want it seen to that the best is served. There are important people coming."

"Yes, your Ladyship. Of course." Lianne said. "I shall make the event a success for you."

"I will make the event successful for me," Yulia snapped.

"Of course, your Ladyship, my apologies," said the maid, curtsying. "You are brilliant. I cannot wait to see what you make of this situation. You are cunning and sharp."

Yulia smirked. And well she knew it.