Yulia

Yulia laid out in her bed, sighing as she felt the soft ministrations of Lianne between her legs. She imagined the Queen, as she did every time, and thought of the royalty she had once captured betwixt her thighs. Lianne was good, but only just. The Queen was hungrier.

When Lianne finished, Yulia sent her away and sat up, wrapping herself in her favorite silk robe. The tea party had been held just hours before, and it had been satisfyingly fruitful. She had gained the favor of the noble folk who balked at the Queen dipping far below her station for any reason at all, and this had been the desired result. She could expect a wall of defiance when the new Girl was debuted in front of all of Court.

She settled back on her bed and fell into a luxurious nap for several hours. She woke when Lianne gentled her back to reality.

"Your Ladyship, your guests are here."

"Now?"

"Yes, ma'am. I've seen them into the parlor."

Yulia sat up and swung her legs from her bed. She could have slept three more hours, at least, but she did not harp on Lianne. She was eager to meet the Girl's parents, after all. "See to it that they have rooms and ready a good meal," she said, waving her hand. "I wish to sup with them and meet them."

"Do you intend to host them here until the Ball?"

"Don't be stupid, I do not intend on letting them stay beyond one night. But if they require a good mention to an inn of good repute, I will give it." She waved her hand again. "Off with you. Give my directions, then come back to dress me."

Lianne did this, but wondered, her mind upset. The family was brunette. The new Girl was supposedly a blonde. It wasn't unheard of. Was it possible the mother was unfaithful? That was a good angle to hold onto, and she stored this away. She graciously welcomed the family into her Ladyship's home and showed them to richly furnished rooms for them to ready for supper. They were overly good mannered, and gushed about the taste of the lady's interior decorating and promoted their child as an interior designing prodigy. Lianne got the feeling that their child would magically prove to be a prodigy at a multitude of annoying subjects.

They were dressed in clothing beyond their station, she noticed, the silks and satins of noble folk. They should have been wearing the cottons and muslins of the middle class. They weren't that important, and certainly weren't titled. They were just about the same social class as Lianne. She was not impressed.

She brought this information back to her Ladyship, who seemed annoyed. "I suppose this supper is going to be rather illuminating. I want you in the room, watching."

Lianne was almost touched. It was good to know her Ladyship trusted her to be the most observant person in the room. Even if she could be...well, privileged, Lianne had been with her for years. She would not leave her now. "Yes, my lady," she said, curtseying.

"I don't expect those status-grabbing middle classers will be gracing us with much intelligence. I just want to know what we can use. You know what to watch for."

"I do."

Yulia grabbed Lianne's wrist. "There's a treat in it for you if you please me with what you find."

Lianne blushed hot. She took her Ladyship's hand and kissed it. "I shall endeavor to bring you good news."