SEPARATE LIVES

Note: for the conversations that are in Italics that means they were speaking in their languages for example Paulina and Naomi speak Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia), Kimi Italian, and Lorenzo Spanish, or when they were thinking. Also, I'm so sorry if there are errors in the writing, English isn't my mother language.  Hopefully, you'll enjoy this story!!

Author's POV

.

.

August 19 2024, it was 5 am and the sun hadn't shone yet on the Nusa Dua's beach. Paulina Hartono had just woken up in her condo that she shares with her schoolmate. Right after she got out of her bed, she quickly went to her bathroom to get ready. When she finished she walked out of her room and straight to the kitchen. She cooked some breakfast for her and her housemate. "Hey Ina, what are you making?" asked Naomi Sandra, her housemate. "OH, hey! I'm just making some fried rice" the shorter girl answered. "Can't wait, it smells amazing" complement the taller girl, Paulina just gives her a big smile.

"So what's the schedule for today?" asked Naomi while she got the plate for the both of them. "Well, my shift starts at 4 pm and it will end at like 11 more or less, how about you?" Paulina answered. "My shift starts at 7 and it will end soon after your shift starts." The taller girl said as she put down the plates next to Paulina, not long after the conversation ended when Paulina served the fried rice to both of their plates.

It was past 1 in the afternoon and Naomi had already left for work, Paulina was all alone in their apartment so she decided to watch some movies on the TV. The movie she was watching started getting boring so she started scrolling through her Instagram, she found out that the media caught two famous race drivers in Bali, but they didn't specifically say who or what kind of motorsport. How funny it would be if those two drivers were Formula 1 Drivers. She chuckled to herself.

Suddenly she got a call from her mother. "Hi Sweetheart, how are you?" asked Selen Haertono to her daughter. "Hi, mama! I'm doing great actually. How about you?" asked the younger Hartono. "I'm doing great actually, your dad just made roasted pork for dinner, later." "Oh! That sounds great Mom." The daughter said as she started getting hungry. "How's your internship going at the hotel, sweetheart?" Selena asked her daughter. "It's going great mama, yesterday they asked me to handle an event." She answered excitedly while trying to explain what kind of event it was. The two talked more for a good 20 minutes since Paulina needed to get ready for her shift at the hotel.

.
That Night
.
Paulina's POV
.

It was currently midnight and I just got off work, I was driving my Vespa but because it was already late there weren't many people outside. Thankfully the condo wasn't that far so I arrived pretty quickly. I parked my bike and ran up the stairs to my place, when I opened the door I was surprised by Naomi running towards me with a smile plastered on her face.