Chapter Seven

Author's note:
I updated the playlist by the way. Teehee. Anyways ENJOY MY SECOND FAVORITE CHAPTER. My (so far) favorite chapter is next omg.

Rowan

I downed the painkillers that were on the nightstand and found myself walking to the living room, sprawling on the couch. I groaned into a pillow; I hated hangovers. I don't usually have them, but I drank way too much last night, "you drank a bottle or two man." Jackson walked in laughing.

"I thought you drank just as much," I questioned, my voice muffled by the pillow.

"I didn't, you drank a bottle of vodka, honestly, I don't know how you got here though. I was too busy with some brunette in my car," he snickered.

"I mean, seeing as my bike is there, my bike?" I sat up, brushing the wrinkles out of my shirt. "There must've been no traffic or something or else I woulda died. Or maybe I'm just that cool."

We were both puzzled, Jack shrugged and called Devin out from her room.

She came out and leaned against the doorframe.

I didn't think I could be jealous of a doorframe but seeing her body press up against it, made me wish I was one.

I was glad that she looked better than she had the last few days. I didn't want to say it, but she looked as pale as a ghost. Compared to the warm complexion she's always had before. She's looked a little rough the last few months. I clenched my jaw, feeling as if Blake had a helping hand with her lack of color. "What's up?"

"What time did I get here last night?" I tilted my head back to face her.

"Hm... around I'd say twelve. I had a closing shift and when I got home you got here, I'd say, five minutes after?" Her eyes roaming as she recalled the night. "You also had your helmet on so... you somehow rode your bike here."

"Uh huh. Hm. Okay, just wondering, thanks."

She nodded, "is that all?" her glance switching over to Jackson.

"Yeah, as far as I know, Rowan?" Jackson stared at me, seeing if I had anything else to say or ask.

I shook my head, "I'm about to make some food, want some?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of food, she vigorously nodded.

I don't know why but my heart smiled at her reaction. I suppressed my laugh and headed into the kitchen.

As I prepared some food for the three of us, I got a little too deep into thought because, even with seeing how Devy's face wasn't as warm as her eyes, her eyes never failed to show all her emotions.

I didn't always know what she was feeling but her eyes always showed how she was truly feeling.

Her brown, honey glazed eyes.

I honestly believe my love for brown eyes came from mom but when I look into Devy's eyes... I feel my heart pounding a little harder, the world stops spinning around me.

I realized I almost burnt our eggs and kept cooking, I pulled myself into reality, focusing on cooking instead of Devy's eyes.

I was on a drive when I got a text from Jackson, telling me about another party tonight. I said fuck it and told him I'd meet him there. We partied every chance we got, with midterms and classes in general, this was our way to unwind. Well one of my ways. Another was going on drives either in my car or on my motorcycle.