Part 10: Wedding festive

The Festivals of both Dussehra and Vijayadashami were finished, now the whole Kosala especially Ayodhya busted into kind of different excitement, as the celebration of wedding would begin two days later. They also celebrated birthday of Yuvrani together with her wedding.

Kathiravani were ushered by her mother, aunts and other female members of her family to bath in Sarayu river first thing in the morning two days after Vijayadashami, they would do the puja for Surya Narayan. The first ray of sunshine fell upon her, she offered water and chanted mantra. Not long after, in front of everyone present, Surya Dev appeared.

"Bless you, o descendant of Iksvaku, Suryavanshi. You will always in my protection."

Kathiravani joined her hands, then the deity disappeared, everyone whispered among themselves, they knew that their Yuvrani was special kind of person, this was proven to be true as Surya Narayan himself appeared before her.

After the Surya Puja finished, she dressed in yellow saree, her hair decorated again with fresh flowers, and Nagnajiti, Mirdhvi and Mira caught her hands, they walked together followed by the female members of their family.

As she was seated in the middle, Isha walked with a man, the man bowed to her,

"Sanath, you're coming, finally. How's Braj? Where are my Maiya, Baba and Sakiyon?" she asked, Sanath gave her a box, she received it, then opened, her gaze tearing up upon seen what inside. It was a box full of highest quality pearls, "Maiya and Baba?"

"they cannot come because of many reasons, Yuvrani, but they wished you're the best in everything,"

"how come they cannot coming? I am their daughter, how come they don't want to see their daughter?" she muttered emotionless, but her eyes betrayed her as tears streaming down her face,

"those are the gifts Rani Yashoda has saved for you, Yuvrani. Nandan Maharaj also gave you his blessings,"

"and my Shakiyon? How are they? Why they didn't come? Are they angry at me?"

Sanath gave her another scroll, "this was from Devi Vishaka, she said if you read this, you'll understand why they couldn't come."

Kathiravani stilled for a moment, and received the scroll, she wanted to remained stoic but the way everything around her made her felt so heavy and restless. She opened the scroll, and recognised Vishaka Sakhi's handwriting.

Dear Chandrika Sakhi
My beloved Sakhi

I'm writing this in the place of Yashoda Maiya and Nandan Maharaj's place, along with other Sakiyon, especially your beloved Radha.

Nothing remained the same after you and Kanhaiya left, everything changes. We don't hear your loving laughter anymore nor we hear Kanhaiya's flute, everything becomes so void after that.
Vrindavan remains Vrindavan, but everyone feels your presence is not here.

The most affected one are Maiya, Nandan Maharaj and Radha.

Chandrika, everyday Maiya always cooks in hopes for one of her children will come back, but we all know you nor Kanha will be back soon as the situations isn't safe for you to be back.
Nandan Maharaj always collected milk and let Yashoda Maiya makes Makkhan for you and Kanha.

Radhika always collected flowers in hope you can come sooner and both of you can make garland together.

But rest assured, we are here good, don't trouble yourself, dearest Sakhi. I know you always have us in your heart, similar to you always in our heart.

Sakhi, please accept the pearls, it is the gift and blessing from your parents to you. And please accept the gifts everyone in Vrindavan gives you, it is a blessing from them. Always remember that you're so dear to our heart, Sakhi.

With love, your beloved Sakhi Vishaka.

Words couldn't describe how painful her heart clenched, Sanath went away leaving her alone in her thoughts. She hugged the scroll and wept bitterly. She remembered her simpler life in Vrindavan, how happy she was, how carefree it was. Her sobbed could be hear, Isha sat near her and tried to pacify her.

"Yuvrani, your eyes will be swollen if you keep crying like this,"

Kathiravani kept her head down, "i want Maiya," she whispered, then she looked at Isha, "Isha, go prepare my horse, i'll go to Vrindavan right now."

Isha caught her hand, "Yuvrani, your Chunri Chadan will begin soon, you can't go anywhere!" Isha helped her wiped Kathiravani's tears, she then reapplied kohl on her eyes.

"but-"

"no buts, Yuvrani," Isha said sternly, "what would the Kurus and your family think if they didn't find you?"

She waited for a bit, then Maharani Shruti along with other female members of her family came to collect her. They entered the room, she sat on the swing decorated with flowers, many people fawned over her, as she was the main character for many days to come.

Kathiravani smiled upon seen her sisters and younger brothers danced, she wanted to get up too but Maharani Shruti came to her,

"please, for this time, act like you're a royalty not like a peasant!" she whispered, scolded her lightly, "sit still,"

Kathiravani nodded, she resumed her position, sat upright. She smiled at them.

Not long after, the guards informed the coming of Mahamantri Vidur's wife, Sulabha walked in, she was followed by few of Kurus female members and wives of Cabinet Ministers,

"i come here with the blessings of Rajmata Kunti and Maharani Gandhari, they cannot wait to welcome their Kulvadhu, so please accepted this Shagun," Sulabha gave the Shagun to Maharani Shruti, and the later accepted it, then passed it to Kathiravani, Sulabha took red chunri embroidered with gold threat and sparkling stones, "this chunri made by Rajmata Kunti's own hands," she placed it on Kathiravani's head, Kathiravani stilled a bit, as she just realised that these kind of chunri were so heavy, she always wear chunri but in lighter side, she especially requested the embroidery department of the Palace to made her clothes lighter, as she always moved everywhere.

Sulabha then gave a set of red bangels to her. Then the ceremony finished. After Sulanbha and the others female members of Kuru Ministers went away, she got up with the help of Isha,

"i can't feel my legs!" she complained, shook her legs. Maharani Shruti helped her wearing the chunri,

"go and rest a bit. After this will be Mehendi ceremony,"

Isha helped her walk towards her side of the wings, they stopped, Kathiravani walked towards a figure who blocked their path,

"Dharma? What are you doing here?" she asked, Yudhistira smiled upon seeing her,

"i can't be here for long, but i have gift for you," he whispered, he took out necklace, it was a moon And sun necklace, "My father told me that i will marry you when i grew up, so i made this for you, i hope you like it,"

Kathiravani blushed, "i like it, thank you," she then gave her back to Yudhistir, "please,"

Yudhistir put the necklace around her neck, he smelled the lotus scent came from her, took a subtle breath to calm his own heart, he took a step back, the Crown Princess looked at him with a smile, he coughed lightly,

"i'm going to go, see you around,"

They bid each other goodbye, Isha who saw their interaction internally jumped, Isha giggled as she took Kathiravani's arm,

"shut up," the Crown Princess whispered, tried to hide her own embarrassment, "shut up, Ishaaaa."