My Responsibility

"Ouch," I muttered, nursing my sore back as I glanced around. Luckily, Rajveer had managed to slow down the cycle just in time, and our collision had been with one of the goats in the herd. However, what caught my attention was Rajveer, who seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the unexpected encounter. The goat was licking his face with affectionate zeal.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at his amused expression amidst the goat's affectionate attention.

"Yeah, I'm fine. They're just saying hello," he chuckled, gently patting the goat's back as if they were old friends.

"It's nice to have these moments of simplicity," I mused, feeling a genuine smile spread across my face. Life here felt refreshingly uncomplicated compared to the constant worries of my own time—career, health, money, relationships, the list went on.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice a baby goat approaching until it timidly came closer, seeking affection. I couldn't help but feel a warm sense of connection as I gently patted its head. "Hey there, little buddy," I murmured.

To my surprise, the baby goat responded with a happy noise and snuggled closer to me. In that moment, I realized that this place wasn't so bad after all.

"Looks like you've made a new friend," Rajveer remarked, a soft smile gracing his youthful face, his brown hair catching the sunlight beautifully.

I looked at him in admiration, appreciating the charm that seemed unique to those born in the 20th century, something that us 21st-century folks sometimes lack.

"What's on your mind?" he asked curiously.

I shook my head gently. "Oh, just thinking about how naturally good-looking Gen X folks are."

His cheeks tinted slightly. "Why do you say that?"

I shrugged casually. "Well, take yourself for example. People from my time would envy your looks. Just an observation," I added, snuggling the baby goat closer into my lap.

The elderly man behind me spoke up, his voice carrying a mix of annoyance and curiosity, "Not that I don't appreciate whatever this is, but will the two of you get up anytime soon?"

I gently let the baby goat off my lap and stood up, dusting myself off. "Of course, sir. We were just admiring these lovely goats," I replied politely.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly uninterested in any romantic notions. "I don't want to see any of that romantic nonsense," he grumbled. "I don't understand these new trends."

Curious, I asked, "What trends are you referring to, sir? Are you perhaps talking about the idea that two men can't be friends without it being seen as something more?"

Rajveer cut in, sensing the tension. "That's enough, Karan," he said firmly, stepping in beside me.

"I don't care, Rajveer," I said firmly, looking at him before turning to the man. "Though we are nothing more than friends, but you, sir, are what we call a 'homophobe'. Loving someone of the same gender is not a sin. It never was and it never will be, alright? What really is a sin is the way you treat people differently based on their sexual preferences," I declared, my voice drawing a crowd around us.

"It is not a sin; it is an abomination to like someone whom God hasn't made you to," he argued.

"That's the thing, sir," I retorted, "God made differences, and humans made discrimination. You people judge others for every small thing that deviates from the norm. Change is the only constant in this universe, and change is what develops humanity. We can't all follow one predetermined path like robots. Some of us are bound to take a different path, and that should be completely acceptable to people. We are all different and have different things we like."