001 - Homeroom

High school. Or would the hunger games be a better way to describe it.
They have the same attributes, teenagers just trying to make it out alive, without becoming a victim to 'The Populars".

District one would be the popular guys and girls, they think they rule the school, ready to pounce at any unsuspecting or innocent looking students. Whereas, district 12 would be the nerds, the students who will eventually become the richest of everyone, but for now they stay as torment to The Populars.

And me? I would say I would be in District 5, maybe 6. I am well-known, but not well-known or rude enough to be in The Populars, (not that I would EVER want to be). But I am happy with my status, known enough to have friends but hidden enough that I don't have to put up with any bullshit from anyone.

The first day of school is tough for anyone, and I am no exception. This is the year where grades actually matter, 'it is not just fun and games anymore, this is serious work', the staff and teachers keep repeating, as my whole grade sits in a welcoming assembly. This assembly has gone on for way too long, my legs are quite literally numb, after being in the stands for so long and I am bored out of my brain.

"Leah" I whisper to the girl next to me, "Leahhhhhhhhhhh, please answer me. I am so very bored, I think I may actually die from this! Please burry me with sunflowers."

She turns with a strangled smile on her face, "Your such a pest sometimes Annalee, I don't know how your parents put up with you. Anyway, just wait it's nearly done, they just have to assign homerooms and classes. Then for the rest of the day we just have extended homeroom and lunch." I sigh in relief, "Okay good, because I did not want any homework today, I hope I'm in your homeroom, or Dior's, I will actually die if we aren't together again."

Dior turns at her name, flashing a quick smile, "I'm starving. I can't wait for lunch, how much longer do you think assembly will continue for?" Leah replies quickly "Probably another twenty minutes, they just have to assign-"

"Okay!" A teacher, bellows at the front, causing everyone's attention to be put on her, "Homerooms are now up on Google Classroom, you have permission to check your phones. Once you see your classes, please promptly move towards them, no dilly dallying!"

I quickly pull out my phone and am greeted with:
'New material from classroom: Homerooms'
I click on the notification and search for my name. It takes a minute before I notice I am in S32, with Leah, along with two others of my close friends Olivia and Flynn. Dior gasps loudly, breaking me out of my trance, "You're lying. I'm alone! Oh wait, I have Ree, gotta go guys, see ya at lunch!" She says as she runs to catch up with Rita Nelson.

I am of course ecstatic that I am with three of my close friends, but the only problem is- "We are with Walker, Lila AND David, this year is going to be filled with drama" Flynn exclames, dragging out the last word.

"I know, apparently they just broke up again, for the fifth time! Lila allegedly cheated on him, with David, even though him and Walker are best friends! If he takes her back again, then I will feel no sympathy for that idiot, he should have learnt his lesson by now." Leah replies, always open for some good gossip.

"I know, at this point everyone in The Populars have dated each other, it's pretty weird if you think about it, kind of like a recycling bin" I say with a laugh, however, we quickly drop the topic as we approach the class, unsure of who would overhear us.

"Hello miss" all three of us say, as we enter the classroom "Hello, good morning to all!" She replies, looking around at the students, "that should be all for now. If you do not know me, my name is Mrs Connolly, I teach geography and history, I believe I've had a couple of you before. Now, I know everyone hates this, but I really do only know a couple of your names, and I would like to start learning them, so the seating plan will be in alphabetical order." Everyone, including myself, lets out an annoyed groan. "It will only be for a couple of weeks, maybe a couple months at most, you will live."

Mrs Connolly starts reading out the seating arrangements, and moving desks to her preference. "Guys, I don't wanna sit in alphabetical! Why are we even doing that, we only did that freshman year." I say annoyed. "I know, it's so bad, apparently she keeps them all year as well." Olivia sighs, right before being called, Flynn directly after. They got seated together. The lucky bastards.

"Stop I'm kind of scared. This is scary, I don't know why though." Leah says with a chuckle, "I know right. It's so daunting, just waiting for your name." I reply with a smile. "Leah Jeffries and Quinn Knowles" The teacher yells out, placing the pair on a desk in the center of the room.

Looking around at the people left, my chances aren't too good of being seated with someone I actually like. There is Vanessa Quelch, a quiet girl, Wendy Peters, Kayla Porter and Wilson Sanders, who I don't mind, but they are quite annoying. Rebecca Van Ryan and Howard Welks, a couple that can't seem to go anywhere without shoving their tongues down each others throats, and finally, the doomsday 'couple', Lila Rose and Walker Scobell. At least David was at the front, so world war three will not occur today.

Hopefully.

As the teacher slowly but steadily gets to my name, I am shitting bricks. All the people who were slightly good have been seated all ready and if I did the maths correctly that would mean I'd be seated with-
"Walker Scobell and Annalee Thompson" Mrs Connolly says, with a warm smile on her face. Little does she know, that I am dying, quite literally, dying on the inside.

———

A/n:
YAY! First chapter out.
I hope you like it! I am Australian lol so idk anything about the American school system but i am trying okay!!
(Also as you can tell, I am not the best at writing, so go easy on me yea?)

I hope you like it! I am Australian lol so idk anything about the American school system but i am trying okay!!(Also as you can tell, I am not the best at writing, so go easy on me yea?)

Word Count : 1155
Lot of love
- Rabbit x