009 - Another Favour

The walk from the soccer field to the school building is not necessarily a long one, however, when you are surrounded by idiots, that can quickly be proven otherwise. "Do you guys dare me to eat this mushroom?" Flynn asks as we walk over the overgrown grass, covered in the chilly morning mist.

"No!" Both Brady and I warn, whilst Dior, Olivia and Leah simultaneously encourage him. "Flynn Micheal Henderson don't you dare, otherwise I will tell your mother!" I warn, stopping in my tracks to tug his arm away from the most-likely poisonous mushrooms growing in the untamed grass. He immediately starts complaining as expected, "You never let me do anything, Anna. Live a little for once in your life"

"If she lets you live a little, it will be the end of your little life." Brady says rolling his eyes as Olivia whisper-sings, "I think I like this little life." We are nearly at the building once all our bickering is over, causing us to go our separate ways.

"See you guys at lunch, Dior sit with me in period two, we have bio!" I shout over the crowd of students, waving goodbye as Brady and Dior start heading towards their own homerooms. I turn to face Leah and she mutters under her breath, "Why is everyone looking at you?" To which I immediately reply with a rushed shoulder shrug, giving the opposite effect of nonchalance, which is what I was aiming for.

We walk to the homeroom and I am mostly silent, the conversation between my friends going from one ear out the other. Every corner I turn I swear I see at least one person whip their heads around and 'discreetly' point my way, making me put my head down, to star at my battered Converse, without fail every single time. I grimace to myself for being delusional enough that I thought that people may have moved on by now.

Being greeted with Mrs. Conolly's bright smile, despite the ungodly time of the morning, is like a refuge when sinking at sea, so I grasp onto it as determined as when Rose held onto that door.

However, it seemed I was much more like Jack, as that stupid door didn't seem to have room for me, and I immediately started sinking once again. As I start heading towards the direction of my seat, Walker gives me a cautious look and a small wave while Lila looks as though she is about to burst from where she is sitting, although she does conceal it quite well.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with your ex?" I ask, discarding my bag recklessly next to my seat. The question causes a crease between his eyebrows, one I desperately want to smooth right back. "I don't know, guess she may have happened to overhear what I was telling Aryan and Charlie." He says, a small glint of mischief sparkling in his eyes. "And what would that be exactly?" I say, a smile clear on my face, but sarcasm clear in my tone.

"Wouldn't you like to know," He says, smiling now, but he continues his sentence as I give him a look. "Well, who knew that fake girlfriends could be so nosy? But if you must know, I said, and I quote, 'She's just absolutely amazing, we've been talking for a while now and we just click. It's so easy to talk to her, I don't think I've felt like this for anyone ever, I think it's safe to say I'm head over heels."

"Bit much, don't you think?" I say snickering, although I try to hide the sudden rush of heat that travelled to my face. However, it's nothing to take note of, as I always get flustered when someone talks good about me, even if it's the smallest compliment in the world.

"No way. I thought I really sold the part. Because basically my whole group, even the people I don't like at all, were eavesdropping, kind of obviously as well, so know they all know." He says with a proud expression, however, it quickly turns more serious as he asks, "How about your friends though? Any crazy questions?"

"Well, let me think." I say, tapping my chin overdramatically, "Dior asked for a wedding invitation, so I was thinking maybe we could have a spring wedding, and I would really like the ceremony to be held on a cliff looking at the beach at sunset."