Chapter 3: To New Beginnings, and New...Friends?

I pack up the last of my clothes into my new room for the year. As prefects now, we're all assigned on different levels with different grades to manage. Luckily for me, I was assigned the second floor, which consists of Grade 9 and 10, with Joanna, Meredith, and Lynn. Now Meredith I cannot absolutely stand, but Jo and Lynn? I love them.

Jo and I agreed to manage the Grade 9s while Lynn and Meredith manage the Grade 10s. Kendall is on the third floor with Sofia, and now that they're head girl and deputy, it might be a little bit harder to meet with them because of how busy they might get. One thing that irks me is how Kendall is going to manage Audrey and her new gang of blondes, while also managing Sofia, who I still do not completely trust. While our issues have been resolved, I don't think she truly has changed, especially after not being head girl like she wanted to. Now I trust Kendall and her judgement, but just for my own reassurance, I'll keep an eye on the blonde.

Hopefully she's the only one I have to keep an eye on.

"Water bottles? Check," Joanna says as she waltzes into my room. "Food cabinet? Almost check." She reaches for my noodles, but I swat her hand away. She pouts. "Sharing is caring."

"Not on my side." I hug her tight. "I missed you bro. It's like all my kids left me this break."

"Not your kid and going to Cairns isn't as far as you make it seem," she replies, handing me a chocolate bar. "Unlike the head girl here, who goes and comes when she pleases."

"My girlfriend you mean?" Jo smirks at me. "Where is she anyway?"

"Debriefing with Sofia on the third floor, they're going to talk to the others, which is why I'm here," Jo says. "After devotions we're going to have a brief intro. In a little bit, we're going to the third floor to meet with the rest of the prefects' body."

"Am I the only one that wasn't involved in this process?"

"You were busy daydreaming when Kennie was talking to us earlier. Don't think I didn't catch you staring at her lips."

I roll my eyes. "Why were you looking at me instead of Lynn?"

"I was. You just had your eyes trained on the Head Girl."

Kendall appears by my door, her arm resting by the door frame. I clear my throat as I look at her. "Jo, I'll see you later."

Puzzled, Joanna turns around, before releasing a short chuckle. "I'm not surprised."

"May I have a moment with my girlfriend?" Kennie asks Joanna politely.

Jo smiles at me, before walking out as Kennie comes in. Before she leaves, Jo sticks two fingers out and starts pressing them against each other, forming a scissors. I roll my eyes as she blows us a kiss and leaves. Kendall smiles at me and kisses my cheek. Her cream blazer and blue cuffs suits her well; her short hair brought to the back with a hair tie. She has her badge on her blazer, and as she adjusts my blazer, I fix her black skirt.

"Gotta look pristine, Miss prefect," she says, pulling me a bit closer to her. 

"The door is open," I whisper. "May I?"

Kennie thinks about it, before smirking at me. "I got it." With her right leg, she kicks the door shut, and turns back to face me, her eyes trained on my uniform. "You look good."

"Thank you."

"Did Jo tell you about our plan?"

"She did." I nod. "Wait, are you the one who sent her?"

Kendall smiles. "I saw the way you were looking at me. I thought it would be a good idea for her to debrief you."

"How kind of you."