4. We dared the ghost

Consider Afrin as the narrator

After everyone had a peaceful night's sleep, days went by with persistent noises disturbing their peace. However, one thing stood out to the narrator - Selva's restless behavior. Selva confided in the narrator, expressing dark thoughts that plagued his mind, causing him to consider drastic actions. The narrator comforted him, and that night Selva finally slept soundly.

In the middle of the night, Selva woke up but didn't open his eyes, grabbing an empty water bottle and leaving the room. When the narrator's friend Kiran mentioned that Selva had been behaving strangely lately, they speculated about his sleepwalking tendencies.

Selva returned to the room, seemingly unaware of his actions, he kept the same empty bottle on the table and went back to sleep with his eyes closed. Concerned about his well-being, they decided to stay awake together to monitor Selva's sleep.

As soon as Selva fell asleep, the strange noises started again, prompting Selva to wake up claiming he needed to use the restroom. They accompanied him, and as they passed a room, Selva pointed out a black figure he claimed to see laughing at them.

In response, they entered the room, closed the door, and dared the supposed ghost to reveal itself. Ghost, be summoned to our presence, we engaged in provoking it to the extreme. As we encircled a table, we vocally confronted the apparition.

Suddenly, a pen from the table propelled towards Kiran. Despite our shock, we persisted in taunting the ghost. Various objects and documents were flung around the room. Overwhelmed by panic, we attempted to vacate the premises.

Selva directed our attention to the window, prompting us to turn simultaneously. A dark silhouette was seen descending from the window. Hastily, we opened the door and fled to our quarters, uncertain of our next actions. Sleep eluded us in the following days.

During an ordinary conversation one night, Kiran tasked Thomas, a junior residing in our hostel, with fetching water. Our camaraderie deepened as we formed a closer bond. While Selva conversed with his mother on the phone from the balcony, Thomas descended to fetch water. Observing from the balcony, Selva urgently cried out, 'THOMAS!'

Readers please vote, comment and support ♡‿♡

Next part will be updated soon....