Chapter Six

"Come in".

I took a deep breath, pushing open the door before quickly stepping into the Colonels office. He looked up at me surprised, before slowly nodding towards the chair in the corner, motioning for me to sit down.

I silently walked over, taking a seat in the assigned area before glancing up at him, "... We have a problem".

He frowned, "You didn't accidentally kill one of my men did you?"

I smiled slightly, "Trust me Colonel, if I was to kill one of your men, it wouldn't be accidental... But no. It's not that".

"... Then what is it?" He asked.

I looked away. I wanted to hide myself. Burrow myself right into the floor. And never rise again. "I... Ah... Got a few... Scars, really... From past missions and stuff... K-Units seen them... And they want answers".

"You didn't tell them who you really are did you?" He asked but I shook my head, still looking at the floor.

"All they know is I spent some time with a criminal organisation and that's where I got the scars... That's it. Nothing more and nothing less".

"Ok, so, let's see... Your a secret agent for MI6. You've trained here during the toughest selection week before. And you've got the most famous yet deadly terrorist organisation after you for the third time?" The Colonel asked.

"Fourth" I corrected under my breath and we both looked at each other,

"What?"

"Fourth. This is the fourth time Scorpia has wanted me dead" I explained and he frowned.

"When? The first time was when you were 14. The second time was also when you were just 14... So if this is the fourth... What happened between then and now?"

My features darkened, "The third time was just over 8 months ago... That was the only time they actually caught me."

"... What happened?" He asked quietly and I shrugged as if the answer was casual.

"I got caught. Spent 6 and a half months with them. MI6 got me out. And I've spent the past two weeks in hospital".

He paled, "And you let me sent you on a SUICIDE mission? When you were barely healthy in the FIRST PLACE?"

"I've been asked to do more in worse conditions trust me" I muttered and he sighed,

"Ok... Eight months ago. They caught you. And they tortured you. Am I right so far?". I nodded. "And then MI6 found you, pulled you out... And you went to hospital?" He asked again.

"Then I got out of hospital, and was sent here for protection" I finished.

He stared at me, "... And K-Unit knows none of that?".

"... No" I replied, "But they know about the scars. And that's the one thing that'll be the most difficult to explain".

"... We're fucked" he finally said and I smiled slightly,

"Or, of course, you could... Just... Maybe... Pre-arrange an accidental death where my body will somehow, never be found".

"And have an international crisis on my hands? No thank you" he replied, "... You could come clean".

"No way" I said immediately and spun into sarcasm, "You know yourself how the SAS take so kindly to spies. I'd be overwhelmed with love and care".

"You know... You're the first secret agent I've ever met that can do sarcasm" he mused

I chuckled, "That'll be my teenager side taking over"