Chapter Nineteen

Alex's POV

"Cub"

"Wolf" I growled back, but he firmly shook his head,

"No, Cub. You are NOT going back to training this soon"

"I'm fine. Honestly" I replied, "And I WANT to back to training".

"Well then, do you WANT to have an asthma attack half way through the Hell Course?"

"Wolf. I don't have asthma. And it's not a 'Hell' course, it's the obstacle course. I'll be fine" I tried, but he firmly shook his head, "No. You won't. The doctors said to take it easy for a while, and I'm not willing to risk it".

"Yea, well, I am" I shot back, standing up from my bunk, and he quickly did the same,

"Alex Rider I swear to god I will drag Fox down here to yell at you myself".

I glared, "Charles Kingston I swear to god I will drag Jones down here to yell at YOU myself".

Silence.

"... How the hell do you know my name?"

"I know a lot of things" I replied, "And one of them, is that MI6 does not allow me to take time off".

"And another thing that I know, is that Jones has no jurisdiction inside this camp" He said firmly, "So you, Cub, are having a week off".

"Wolf. I killed the last leader of SCORPIA" I began, "So if anything, they are only going to want to kill me more. Which means I have to be ready when, not if, WHEN, they come back to get revenge".

He stared at me, "... Fine. But theory classes only".

"And shooting" I snapped in. I needed shooting.

"... And shooting" He finally agreed, "But no fighting. Deal?"

"Deal" I didn't dare push further. Wolf and his answer would've taken away everything again.

"K-UNIT!" We all quickly jumped to attention as the Sergeant walked over.

"Sir?" Wolf questioned, and his eyes gazed over us one by one, before coming to a stop at me,

"... You have a problem".

I frowned, "... 'I' have a problem?"

"An old friend of yours is back in town. Jones said to warn you".

"What kind of friend?"

"One who has quite the record, I believe" He continued, "... And also quite the obsession".

I froze, "You mean...?"

He nodded. "He's coming here?"

"Apparently so" He finished, "I've posted extra soldiers at the gate, but something tells me that they won't stop him".

I shook my head, "No, they won't... He's most likely going to arrive at midnight, when everyone's sleeping... You know where to find him".

And with another nod, he walked off.

"... What was that about?" Snake finally asked, and I sighed, "Wait until tonight... Then you'll see".

Lying in bed that night, I thought back to the last time I had seen him.

Cambodia.

I shuddered. That didn't bring back the best of memories.

Then suddenly, our cabin door was flung open, and an armed man stood there. In the background, we could hear the gate alarms ringing, singling a break-in.