Chapter Eleven

"I really hate being a spy" I muttered for the millionth time, silently continuing my way down through the dimly lit hall.

Pausing outside what I believed was the correct door, I raised my gun, before kicking it open, and storming in, shooting anything and everything that was armed or dangerous.

Less than a minute later, they were all dead on the floor, and I slowly lowered my gun, before walking over to the blindfolded girl in the middle of the room.

"You really have a knack for getting kidnapped, don't you princess?" I asked, undoing the cloth and she glared at me

"You're my knight in shining armour? AGAIN?".

"Hey, once bitten, twice as deadly" I replied shrugging, untying the rope around her hands.

She frowned, "That doesn't even make any sense".

"It means if I got you once, I'll know how to get you again" I replied, cutting through the last knot before straightening up, "Now come on, we got to get out of here... Unless, of course, you wish to get kidnapped for a third time".

"Very funny" She shot back, before standing up and slapping me real hard across the face.

I turned back to her, "What was that for?".

"THAT, was for last time. You drugged me" She replied.

I rolled my eyes at her, "You were convinced I was a bad guy and wouldn't shut up. Of course I had to drug you".

She glared at me for another minute, before sighing, "Yea. Fine. Alright. You win. Now let's get out of here".

"SHARON!" I looked up as a tall woman ran towards us, pulling the 16-year-old into a tight hug. The presidents wife, I realised, Sharon's mother.

Looking over her shoulder, I saw the president himself make his way over, with at least three or four bodyguards.

Sharon pulled back and ran over to him, "DAD!".

He grinned and pulled her into another tight hug, along with her mother, and I looked away, giving them some room.

A few minutes later, they separated and he walked over to me, holding out his hand, "Agent Rider".

I shook it, "Mr. President".

He stared at me for another minute, before pulling me into yet another hug, "Thank you".

I smirked, "It's my job, sir".

He grinned and pulled away, "So, come on, out with it. How many do I owe you now?".

"3, sir" I replied and he laughed, "Three favours already? But you only saved Sharon twice".

"And you, sir, three years ago. From a group of Israeli peace-keepers if I'm right" I replied and he sighed, "And you're never wrong, are you, Alex?"

I smirked, "No sir"

He frowned, "And what have I told you about calling me 'sir'?".

"Sorry, Mr. Roberts".

"And no 'Mister' either. Just Robert, Alex" He replied and I nodded,

"Yes si- Robert".

He laughed, "You'll get used it, don't worry. Now so, when are you due back?".

I glanced down at my watch, "In... 10 minutes, actually".

"So no chance of returning one of those favours now, then?" He asked and I shook my head,

"Not a chance. I'm already running late as it is".

He held out his hand again, "Well... It's been good seeing you again Alex. Till next time, I suppose".