benched.

Becca Vyens posted a story!

Both teams had walked out onto the court

They stood in a line as each starting lineup was called.
"And for UConn...
Azzi Fudd, Nika Muhl, KK Arnold, Aaliyah Edwards, and Paige Bueckersssss!" The man energetically spoke as he stretched the girls last name.
The whole stadium roared for the team.

The game against Duke had started.
Already 5 minutes in the score became 11-0 us.
Paige and Aaliyah had scored all the points so far.
But Duke quickly took note of the blonde, making sure they always double guarded her.
I caught eye contact with Paige a couple times, and even a smirk here and then.
"What's she keep looking at?" Jadon asked me picking up on Paige's glances.
I shrugged my shoulders in response.
"No clue!" I say back.

At half time some reporter was asking Paige questions about the game.
I would be lying if I said I didn't find her attractive when she's staring at the reporter right in the eyes, while still out of breath from the first half of the game.
God I wish that was me...
She smiles at me as she walks away to the locker room, where she spends the rest of the half time.

At the start of the 3rd quarter, my phone started ringing.
I tried to ignore it so I quickly hung up without checking who was calling me.
The number kept calling me, giving me no choice but to leave my seat to find a quiet place.
Paige watches as I quickly rush down the row of seats and exit the gym.

"Hello?" I ask in a stern voice.
"Becca! Where the hell are you?"
I quickly recognized the voice to be Liv's.
"Liv? Did you get a new number?" I ask the girl.
"No! Now tell me why the hell I just called your mom and she told me she wasn't with you?"
Oh shit.
"Oh right.." I say trailing off.
"And don't think I didn't see your Instagram story! I get it if you don't want to hangout with me but jeez you scared me Becca!" The girl says now in an angry tone.
"No! No!" I begin saying.
"Shit Liv can I just explain to you and Pres when I get home?" I say trying to sound sorrow.
"Well I just don't understand why you're at a basketball game without us! You know that's Preston's favorite sport." She says sounding confused.
"Liv I was invited... just please let me explain later!"
"Ok." The girl says.
"Bye, I love you Livi."
"Love ya Becca."

I hang up the phone.
The last thing I wanted to do was explain this situation to Liv and Pres.
But now I leave myself with no choice.
I walk back into the crowded arena to see the score tied at 46-46.
That much happened while I was gone.?
I make my way back into my seat.
"What did I miss?" I ask Jadon.
"A lot.."
"Bueckers fouled out." The boy adds.
My eyes search for Paige.
Right on the bench.
"That's not good. What happened?" I ask.
The boy sighs.
"About right after you left, she completely lost her focus and started playing... not herself." He says.
I watch as Ashlynn Shade makes a 3 pointer from the corner with just 15 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.
The whole crowd roars, especially UConn's bench.
But not Paige.

The game ended with a score of 56-48.
The girls were able to pull off the win.
After the game Paige was no where to be seen.
I decided to text her.
I was unsure if she wanted to meet up again or if she would just appreciate some space.

PBucks💙

Hey! Great game!
*read by PBucks💙*

I read that she saw my text and I even gave it time for her to reply.
She never answered.
I decided to go home because it was getting late and I had a game tomorrow.
As I was walking out I saw the blonde sitting on a bench with headphones on.
I went up to approach the girl.
"Hey!" I say softly.
She looks up at me and takes off her headphones.
"Where'd you go 3rd quarter?"
I sit down next to her on the bench.
"Sorry my friend called me. She didn't know where I was and she started panicking." I say explaining myself.
"Why did you give Jadon your snap?"
I look at the girl in confusion to as why she knows about that and why she cares.
"I didn't mean it in a flirting way." I say in defense.
"Hey, i'm really sorry I missed the 3rd quarter. You played great though!" I add trying to switch the mood.
"I fouled out of the game Becca." She says clearly mad.
"I've never done that."
I was unaware as to what I should say.
I didn't mean to miss the quarter, but my friend was worried about me so I had to call her back.
"I'm sorry.." I start saying.
"You should go home." She snaps cutting me off.
I look at the girl in her icy blue eyes.
"Okay."