Chapter 16: Starting feelings

After Madison's talk with Helen, she had a change of perspective about Robert and was eager to know his side of the story. But although she was ready to give her marriage a try, there was not much she could do when Robert was still nowhere to be found. So imagine her surprise when Gabriella came to tell her that Robert had come home, she could not contain her joy and nervousness. She asked if dinner was prepared yet as it was getting dark and Gabriella told her they were prepping for it. Usually, after work, she used to be too tired and disinterested to cook. She rarely cooked in Robert's house but that day, she found herself jumping up from the bed and telling Gabriella she was going to cook dinner herself.

The house had been quiet and gloomy before with just Madison who was sad and never spoke to anyone, but that evening, it was livelier. The brightest on Madison's face lifted everyone's mood, they were happy that she was happy.

The young Mr. Salvatore had returned home.

Madison decided to make several dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, fried chicken wings, vegetable salad, cupcakes and fruit salad, served with Red wine. Growing up in a struggling home, she had to fix meals many times for Mandy when their mother worked 3 jobs. It could be said that she was now an expert. With the cooks helping her out in the kitchen, they were done cooking just in time for dinner.

She left them to set the table while she went back to her room to clean up herself a little and touch up her look. She got some nice comfy but sexy evening wears courtesy of Helen during their shopping so she picked one of them to wear. It was a button up shirt sleeve shirt and shorts that showcased her fair legs. She did a very light makeup and put her hair up in a messy bun, before putting the light touch which was her perfume, also courtesy of Helen. When she felt satisfied with her self, she went down to the dinning room. Robert had already began eating when she came, she sat opposite him in the table of four and began eating at well.

Robert was glad his plan worked, by acting stubborn and refusing to return home, his father has called him earlier that day to tell him he would be handing over the company next month. He also pleaded for him to try and treat Madison right but that was up to him to decide. So he had returned home that evening after 3 whole weeks. The meals prepared for dinner tasted different from the ones he was used to buy the chef, it was sweeter and had something unique about it. He was wondering if Madison made it because he was in his room since he returned so he didn't know, and also if she wasn't going to have dinner with him because she was taking time to come out from her room.

And when she did, he didn't pay much attention to her until she passed him. Her perfume tickled his nose and forced him to look up and oh my! Was it just his eyes or did she look prettier that evening. The night wear she wore hugged her hour glass figure but still managed to not be too tight. His eyes could hardly leave her light skinned legs, he had to scold himself to look away. When did she get so attractive? He asked himself again.

They began eating and for the first ten minutes, no one said anything, only the sound of cultery hitting the ceremic plates and chewing could be heard. Madison had been thinking of what to say and how to say it, She finally gathered courage to ask,

“How is the food?” she asked, stealing glances at him as she ate.

“It's okay, fine” Robert replied, trying to be casual about it like his tummy didn't do a healthy dance when he tasted it for the first time. “You cooked it yourself?”

“Well, the maids helped but I cooked” Madison said with a nervous chuckle.

Robert nodded and they continued eating again in silence.
“I went to see Helen the other day, we went shopping and that's where I got this outfit” Madison said. She face palmed herself mentally as soon as she said it, she didn't know how it came out. She already knew Robert wasn't in good terms with Helen, wouldn't that make him feel bad?

Robert grunted in reply just like she guessed and her heart broke a little, she felt like she was back to square one.
“My sister, Mandy. She had a successful hole in the heart surgery and she's resting back at home. She didn't know about our marriage so when I told her, she was quite excited to see you” Madison said, trying to make up for her mistake.

Robert cleaned his mouth and drank his remaining wine in one gulp. He was done eating so he stood up and said, “My well wishes to her, I'll check with my schedule to see if there's any free time to see her” then he walked away from the room

Madison's heart beamed at his reply, she felt there was progress in connecting better with him. Her view of him had completely changed now. He wasn't the rebellious character Dana had told her about, he was just a man who had gone through a lot and found it hard to trust anyone. Perhaps, their marriage wasn't doomed to be a loveless marriage for the rest of their lives. Just like Helen had told her, marriage wasn't a bed of roses, it has its ups and downs. It just takes two to work it out. There was a chance for her to get the marriage that she wanted and she wasn't going to give up so easily.

How could she when she was already falling in love with him?