28 Marie POV

Marie POV
         After settling everything with Austin's issues I can finally get ready for Saturday. I am so nervous about seeing his mother again. Even though Kevin has told me his mother likes me. I am still nervous that she will hold me responsible for the fact that her marriage came to an end the way it did. After all I am the reason everything was exposed like it was. I can only hope that we can all get along with each other. I really like Kevin and I am able to see a real future with him. Now I have to get my parents to not pull any pranks with my idiot brother to try to scare Kevin. Thank God for Nana and her wooden spoon. That woman is not above beating the king and queen with it to get her point across. As I start to picture my parents getting an ass whooping I hear Danny screaming my name. Man why couldn't I have been an only child. I should have smothered him when we were younger. Then I could have five minutes of peace and quiet. But no, his loud ass is searching for me and I can hear Stephen and Lorenzo shouting with my idiot brother. Getting up from my desk I leave my office to search for the three idiots, who are literally running around in a circle like the morons they are. These idiots are yelling my name as loud as possible while flapping their arms up and down like they are going to take flight at any moment. But oh no that's not the worst part actually. These dumb asses are in chicken costumes for some unknown reason. I swear to God that they are mentally stunted. I am going to ask all the parents if they did drugs while pregnant with these three. Looking around I see a bunch of the staff laughing and some recording this hectic scene. I walked over to Beth one of the maids and whispered to her to send me that video. I am totally using it as black mail later on.  As we all waited for these stupid men to realize I was standing right in front of them something amazing happened. Nana came flying out of the kitchen with my mom and dad throwing eggs at the three grown ass men in chicken costumes. Pure chaos erupted at that moment. Everyone was laughing to the point of tears. I personally almost wet my pants, watching my parents acting like kids, and when Nana brought out her spoon I fell to the floor laughing my ass off.
   After all the chaos was over I ran to my mom and dad to hug them. As we all hugged I felt the feathers of my brother's costume as he hugged me from behind. To join in on the family hug. I won't lie I felt that my decision to give up everything just to be with Austin was the worst decision of my life. At least I have a great family they never do the whole told you so like most people. Even my friends never gave me a hard time after my divorce. Looking back I remember that they all had voices their concerns as far as Austin and I getting married. Now I see exactly what they were talking about. They even warned me about Amber. But I was far too naive and trusted the wrong people. I guess when you live through such betrayal you learn to cherish those who have always been by your side no matter what happens in your life.
               I couldn't help the tears that flowed out of my eyes as I thought of how disappointed my friends and family must have been. I hugged my mom and dad tighter and kept saying how sorry I was and that I should have listened to them. As my mom stoked my back she started to tell me how proud she was of the woman I have become. And my father kept agreeing with her. Now my brother on the other hand decided it was a good time to give me a wet Willie and be a complete ass like always. After having a wet finger shoved in my ear I immediately turned to start a fight with him to only be thrown over Lorenzo's shoulder as he started to run to the pool. Hearing my mom and dad laughing as I curse this giant out as I laughed right before I disappeared under water with the giant Italian sasquatch bringing my ass to the bottom of the pool.
        After breaking away from the idiot I swam to the surface spitting out all the water I inhaled as I plunged into the pool. Looking at the tender smile on my dad's face I pouted and whined because no one helped me. As everyone started to laugh I swam to the side and put my hands up for my mom and dad to help me out of the pool. Seriously these two are far too trusting. As soon as they took my hands I pulled them in with all my strength. Laughing my brother and Stephen both jumped in the pool screaming pool party. Soon even Nana was thrown in the pool along with a few of the staff members. It was one of the best days I have had in a long time and I was grateful to have this time with my loved ones before all the crazy of the barbeque would happen. I can't wait to see Kevin and I can't wait for another kiss.