Chapter 11: Home Sweet Home...

It was morning and as Jayden said he had gone to talk to Alpha Cairstay privately. He asked me if I wanted to join him but I declined. I didn't want to explain myself to Alpha Cairstay and look like the vulnerable girl who needed protection.

I had returned back to my room when I woke up. Jayden wouldn't let me out of his sight so he took the floor while I took the bed. He said something about acting gentlemanly but we both knew that was a lie.

I heard someone knock on the door and opened it to see Iris and Alexis standing there.

"Where were you? We looked all over the club for you and the surrounding buildings as well. And when we were about to call the guys Jayden called us and said you went home with him, when did you leave?" Alexis said storming into my room and planting herself on my bed gesturing me to continue. Iris leaned against the door and raised her eyebrows probing me to continue.

"I wasn't feeling well and I went outside for some air. I saw Jayden and he offered to drop me home. I'm sorry you two, I should have told you." I said looking at both girls.

"Well we hope you're feeling better, it's just that I told Alpha Neal that we will keep you safe so it spooked me when we lost you." Iris said linking my arm with hers.

"Ugh!" Alexis groaned and fell back on my bed and stretched her arms above her head. "The night was looked so promising!"

She sat up and scowled at me, "You, my-not-so-older-friend, owe us!"

I laughed when I felt Iris stiffen beside me. Her eyes were glazed over and I realized someone was linking her.

"Alpha Cairstay wants you in his office." she said turning to look at me.

I left them in my room and made my way to Alpha Cairstay's office. I raised my hand to knock on the door but before my first made contact with the wood it was wrenched open by Jayden who stood on the other side.

"Come in Layla."

I saw Alpha Cairstay seated behind his big wooden desk and when I walked inside I saw Vivian seated on the couch along the wall.

"Jayden has brought to our attention that last night you were attacked by a man and that he threatened you as well as admitted to murdering your parents. Jayden has suggested you return to your pack for your safety until we can further investigate here. However, I wish for you to return to your pack but to lay low and not tell your pack about this incident. We don't want wolves starting a war which will most likely occur once knowing their Alpha's daughter was attacked. Since we cannot identify him right now, it is possible that he may have insiders and will go back into hiding if he knows he is being hunted."

I nodded and looked at Jayden. He had his arms crossed in front of him and wore a worried look.

"When should I leave for my pack?" I asked.

"Today would be best. I will call Alpha Neal and inform him of your departure. I will just tell him that you weren't feeling well and wanted to return home." Alpha Cairstay said and reached over to his phone.

"Honey, Layla should have someone go with her. As an extra precaution." Vivian said eyeing Jayden and myself.

"You're right. I'll ask Drew to accompany her." Alpha Cairstay said and got up walking around his desk.

"Drew has enough on his plate." Vivian said smiling warmly at her mate, "Let Jayden go!"

I looked up shocked and saw the same emotion written on Jayden's face.