Chapter 23: Submit...

A/N Yea! #18 in Werewolf What's Hot List! Let's make it to the TOP! (12/02/15)

LET'S GET IT! LET'S GO!

Chapter 23: Submit...

Alpha

That one word rung in my ears as the pack bowed in front of me. The few wolves from the Shadows pack trotted towards me and kneeling down said, Luna allow us to accompany you on your run.

Not knowing the protocol for such a request I turned to Jayden for help and I saw his face showed a similar expression of shock as mine but also one of pride. I saw his eyes roaming my body and he too saw the changes in height and stance of my wolf.

Alpha Neal walked over to me and since he was still in his wolf form he spoke through the link.

Do not be nervous Layla. I don't know why or how we are noticing this about you now but you, my daughter, have the Alpha gene.

What?

Alpha Neal walked closer to me and ran his muzzle on the back of my neck. Giving what I could best describe it as a "wolf hug".

I always sensed something different about you when I first found you and when we made you a member of the pack something changed inside you. I never really thought about it much. These past few days I thought you being a Shifter was what I was sensing all along but now I know it was your Alpha blood. Layla you are my next in line.

I looked at Alpha Neal and said, How is this even possible? I didn't posses the Alpha gene before. Why now?

You're guess is as best as mine. But I think when you mated, accepted your abilities, and broke your bond to Romero something that was concealed all these years was let out. Which is why the feeling I had when I first met you was so faint and blocked. You always had Alpha blood in your veins. You are the rightful future Alpha of the White Thorn pack. Since there is no one willing to challenge you, do you accept?

Alpha Neal asked me and I saw the tension and anticipation build in the pack. Alpha Neal was the only wolf who possessed the Alpha gene and after him no one was born with it. Seeing as now I had Alpha blood it made sense I would take the title when the time came. My training would commence and I would be taught to perform the role of Alpha.

I, Layla, of the White Thorn Pack accept─

"Wait! I challenge Layla to a fight for the title of Alpha!" I turned my head being interrupted mid-sentence and I could feel the anger inside me for being challenged. My entire being was urging me to kill the wolf who wanted my title. I pushed these controlling and vindictive thoughts down and turned to the voice.

Kegan walked out of the crowd and I saw Ryan lingering back behind him.

"I, Kegan, son of Alpha Neal challenge you, Layla, to a fight for the Alpha title of the White Thorn pack." He said in a solid and unwavering voice. He wore a pair of shorts and that was it. His chest was bare and his fist were clenched.

Many of the pack wolves shifted and pulled on their clothes to form a circle around us. The Shadows wolves stood behind me and Jayden walked to stand beside me, no wearing a pair of low slung sweat pants and nothing else. I remained in my wolf form and I felt Alpha Neal walk to Kegan now in his human form.

"Kegan. You are making a huge mistake. Unless you have forgotten the White Thorn pack is a descendant of Shifters. Layla is the rightful Alpha to be. I won't apologise for the false hope you had of becoming Alpha but you were only a suggestion. Take your challenge back."