Part 7

About 30 minutes later I get up and begin to heat up some food. Very soft rice with well seasoned meatballs. 

I place it on the table and begin to eat. Meanwhile I hear a car pull up at the drive way.

He slams the car door,gets his keys out and begins to unlock the door. "Why are you..why do you look like that?" "Look like what?" I say. "Go To The Bathroom And Rinse All That Sh** Off Your Face, Take Off Those Clothes And Get Your Ass To Bed!" I slowly begin to smerk while shoving some more food in my mouth. Ignoring his statement. He pokes is head out.

"HELLO , I Am The Adult, Now Get-"

"Adult?" I say confused.

"Amber stop playing with me"

I laugh. "Juan. Nobodys playing..Or should I say Mason"

He leans back and starts breathing through his mouth. "What?" he says in a low tone. 

"Mason don't act like you don't know, you changed your name after you were charged for murder." "WHO ARE YOU? GET OUT MY HOUSE" he swipes the plate of food off the table.

I Get Up.

"Mason...you don't know me...but I know you. Mason Wood. You see, in life you have to pay attention or you will miss the important pieces of the puzzle, and sooner or later they'll be lost..but don't worry ...because not all those who wander are lost. I was once lost but then I was found, and when I was found I knew the purpose of my being. I knew every little detail, I knew why I was alive and what I had to do.And I'm here to finish what my mother left off."

"Amber-" he says.

"Im Not Amber...Speechless? I know. So was I when I saw my mother ."

"I didn't mean to shoot her Amber I was just angry" he says.

"I Said I'm Not Amber... And Excuses? You Don't Even Know What Your Saying. That Women That You Killed In Your Room, Is Not - My - Mother."

He wrinkles his face, arching his eyebrows looking at the floor trying to comprehend whats going on.

"Want me to Refresh your memorie?...The baby that you saw in the trash can wasn't me. If you were a real man you would have noticed that when she took that baby to the center she checked that baby in. She didn't know how to take care of a baby. You kidding me? She turned her in and adopted me, and when she adopted me I didn't have a lot of information to back up my file. After all I wouldn't speak. I was smart enough to know what I was getting myself into. Why I was strong, and why I was adopted. Long before the adoption. I was in my house with my real Mother Grace. Grace Wood and my baby sister Chloe. It was peaceful. My mother said she was going to the roof to get the flower pots. We keep them up there because she always said - 

"The closer to the sun the bigger the flowers will bloom" Interrupted Mason.

"yea...you're remembering" I say trying not to look at him in the eyes.

"So she went to the roof and I was in charge of watching my baby sis. Then all of a sudden there were  flames gathering up around the house. I was in the kitchen warming up some milk and by the time I looked back in the living room everything was on fire..Even my sister. I screamed for my mom and tryed to put out the fire by throwing buckets of water at it, trying to clear a path way to get to my sister. But that only seemed to make the fire fight back at me. It grew bigger and the only escape I had was the little window next to the fridge. I opened it and looked back one last time, and saw my baby sister on the floor soo brutally burned that you couldn't even recognize that, that was my sister. Let a lone a baby.Her body began to look deformed , I couldn't.. I couldn't look any longer so I leaped out the window. Landing and breaking my wrist. I manage to get up and begin to scream for my mom while looking at my hand dangling out of socket. Then I look up and see my mom. She was dangling from the roof with a rope knotted around her neck for support. Her body was motionless, so it was already too late. Then I look to her left and see a man. He looks at me, and with my great eye site I read his lips "Im sorry" . He runs off. After that I fainted and woke up in the hospital, months later I was waking up in a foster shelter. Getting news about how they caught the man that killed my mother and was in charge of the fire that killed my baby sister Chloe. They showed me a picture of him. I never ever forgot how he looked. Then 4 years later I was adopted by a lovely women that treated me like a princess and showed that she really loved me, Marissa. I wasn't scared to love Marissa back. After all I never enjoyed Living with my real mom Grace. Don't get me wrong I still loved her but she was the one who treated me wrong. Cutting lines into my legs when she was angry, smoking around me and hanging me out the window. Don't you realize what you have done Mason? You keep having memoires about what my real mother Grace did to me and you held that grudge and killed my foster mom Marissa because you pictured my mother in her eyes. You thought that Marissa did all those things to me but YOU WERE WRONG MASON. Or should I say Dad which I'm ashamed to call you thats why I usually call you my step father to save all the embarresment...Anyways I keep recieving news while you were in jail that you were struck with mental memorie problems. Thats the only reason why you didn't recognize me when you got out and I first moved into this house. Thats the only reason why Im here. This Isn't Over."

"...And just in case you don't remember..."

Im Victoria Wood. Your Real Daughter.