CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Most of the evening consisted of snickers, snarky remarks, and forced dancing for our young albino. Taking a break from socializing-something he wasn't actually fond of-he stood on the balcony and looked into the crowd with a small sigh. Even now, rich people still made him sick and he was about to turn away when something caught his eyes.

Green hair.

Allen blinked a few times; certain that it had to be a trick of the eye. Nonetheless, his body tensed and Road-who had been waiting patiently for her dance-immediately took notice and moved to his side.

"Allen, what's wrong?" Came her concerned whisper.

The albino was about to shake it off when he saw it once more; green curled hair in the crowd before its owner looked up knowingly at him with upset green eyes that begged for him to-

"Lenalee."

The name caused a low growl to escape his companion and her head turned towards First; lips mouthing a single word.

Exorcists.

How they had gotten in was a mystery but Allen wasn't ready for an encounter with his former team and securing him and his samity was more important than security at the moment. Gently grabbing his hand, Dreams guided him to a back room while the others got into position.

--x--

Tyki watched as Road led the fragile Allen away and silently thanked her. Last thing they needed was Shounen to lose it with the Earl near. Putting out his cigarette, Pleasure joined Desire; both with deadly looks. The twins were ready for some mischief and Lulubell stood emotionless by Millenium's side as he addressed the crowd.

"I'm sorry to announce but our party has come to an early end. Please make your way out and stay...safe. ♡"

Almost immediately the patrons began to leave, much to Tyki's relief. He just wanted to get this over with and check up on Destruction.

Once it was just the exorcists left-oh, they made sure they didn't slip through-the Noah family moved in.

"Why are you here?" Third questioned with narrowed, golden eyes. "I don't recall you being on the invited list."

"We're here for Allen!" Lenalee boldy exclaimed as her own green hues narrowed. "He's one of us!"

That caused the twins to laugh. Lulubell was the one to speak next. "Didn't seem like it when he was condemned to death by you all."

"Burn!" Bonds chanted together before laughing once more; causing a couple of eye rolls.

"You won't get him." Wisely stated rather boredly. "He's lost to you. If we let him see you, even we wouldn't be able to stop him from tearing you apart." He paused for a second; adding, "He is Destruction after all."

"Enough!" One of the Generals-Tiedoll, was it?-shouted before getting into battle position. "You won't keep him!"

That sentence brought both sides into stances; neither planning on losing.

The battle for Allen has begun, but who will be the true victor of them all?